4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 5:30 PM by wjlevin RSS

Slingbox Pro-HD wont show vidoe

wjlevin

Hi: I have to admit that I've had problems from time-to-time with my slingbox crashing my machine. It didn't happen often, and a simple reboot had things going again.

Then yesterday, for no apparent reason, when I started by slingbox, the initiation would begin (with the circling arrow), audio would be heard, but no video. After a couple of minutes the audio will stop. The entire time the intializiation circling arrow would appear ( I think it stopped, though).

The same sling box works on a different Mac.

So, I did an OS X reinstall (I'm runngin 10.8.2) and then reinstalled the Slingbox addin. No difference whatsoever.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance! I really do miss my slingbox.

Wayne

• Re: Slingbox Pro-HD wont show vidoe
          trivers1979 Newbie

Hello Wjlevin,

Thank you for using our online answers forum. To make sure I am understanding correctly the issue you are having is being able to get audio and video just on a certain computer? If that is the case have you tried an alternate browser, i.e. have you tried using ,  if you normally use safari, or safari, if you normally use firefox? Do you have an HDMI cable connected from your cable box to the TV that the Slingbox is hooked up to?

Here are a few links that you can use to try and troubleshoot the issue further.

Hope this helps, feel free to respond back with any further issues you might have.

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

wjlevin

Thanks for your response, Trivers1979. I'm afraid neither suggestion helped. Other Macs work fine (as well as my iPhone) so the Slingbox itself must be set up correctly.

Also, when I try and view the Slingbox from my Mac using Firefox instead of Safari, I have the same issue.

There must be some plist or something on my Mac that is corrupt.

trivers1979 Newbie

Hello Wjlevin,

Thanks for your quick response back. I would have to agree with you at this point, it sounds as though the culprit is the computer you are using, especially if you are not having any issues on any other computer. Please feel free to give us a call at 877-GO-SLING if you keep having issues so that we may try to troubleshoot the issues further.

Here is a link for Support, please feel free to call us for any further support issues you might have.

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

• Re: Slingbox Pro-HD wont show video
                  wjlevin

I solved the problem. I tried the slingbox from a different account on the same Mac. It worked fine.

So I went into the /Library folder and found the sling media folder in there. I then tossed the caches folder and one or two other files that showed zero in size (I did not throw away the .plugin itself). I then went into Safari and successfully connected to my slingbox.

Thanks for your help and interest.

Wayne