1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 5:37 PM by daugustus5150 RSS

Which Slingbox for streaming Japanese TV?

dejp2012

Hello,

I am interested in a slingbox but do not know which one to choose. I am currently living in Germany and want to see Japanese television here. Therefore I want to setup a slingbox in Japan.

My question is if I can buy a "German" or "US" slingbox and set it up in Japan?

Are there any regional differences of slingboxes or can I virtually use every slingbox in every country?

In addition I want to know which is the best way to connect a Japanese Digital-TV receiver (Buffalo, I-O Data) with the slingbox? HDMI, normal component video cable or a D1/D2 to component video cable?

Thanks in advance!

• Re: Which Slingbox for streaming Japanese TV?
          daugustus5150 Newbie

Hello dejp2012,

Thanks for using the Answers Forum! We only recommend purchasing a Slingbox in the country that is will be set up in. The reason for that being that every country has it's own specifications for how it send and receives TV signal and the Slingbox has to be compatible with that. On the matter of how you should connect it, I would recommend looking in to how your Cable Box provides signal and then base your decision on that.

Hope this helps,

The Slingbox Moderation Team