6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 11:52 AM by Matt.Sling RSS

Can't stream video with WD TV and Logitech Revue

tntom

I have tried both the WD TV and Logitech Revue and neither of them work. When I open the app and sign in, it says it connects to the device, but iwhen it says it's starting to stream it doesn't work. The error code 10003 comes up. At first I thought it might have been issues with the WD TV but then I exchanged it for a Logitech revue and had the same issue. Slingbox tech support tells me it's not a problem from their end and the other companies tell me it's not them and tell me to contact Slingbox.

I have tried to look into it and there isn't much, but I have found something about it possibly being my router. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Re: Can't stream video with WD TV and Logitech Revue
          jimferguson61

Yes I have had the same problem so I will not be much help.  The only defference I am have from you is I started with a Google TV box which is the same as Logitec, and now I am trying the Boxee Box that they all told me that "Boxee Box is supported".  The Google Tv and the Boxee Box app responds the same way.  It gives me the same error code that you receive.  Last thought:  I had to see how far connected, the app on these, would go before the error code would come back.  So I connected with my computer to my slingbox 350 ( located in DC) and started the slingbox ( Located in Charlotte) and it started streaming my TV (Charlotte) to the computer ( DC ) where my Boxee Box is located .  Then I tried to log on through the Boxee Box app ( DC) to the Slingbox ( Charlotte), it said someone else was watching my slingbox,  which refered to my computer ( DC ) that I was watching,  and it ask if I wanted to disconnect them, I answered YES.  BUT still after a wonderful minute it came back with the same error.  (10003).  If I get an answer for this problem, I will post bactk to you.  Please do the same.  Thanks Jim

tntom

OK. I am in the process of getting a new TV and I returned my Revue because the deadline for the return was approaching. Once I get everything I need to try again, my friend and I are going to mess around with my router and we'll see if that makes a difference. I'll let you know how that goes.

reznacz Newbie

Using WDTV or Logitech Revue for a Slingbox is generally a bad idea. You will most likely fail totally with Revue and WDTV with it's impossibly long buffer is a pain to use. Good luck Sony Google TV is said to work well.

jdeigl

We're you suggesting that connecting to a sling box with a Sony google tv worked well?  Because mine worked decently for a year but now I get an error message about a plug in crashing. Shockwave flash and can not figure out how to fix.  I have continued to connect to my sling thru my ipad and iPhone without any issues

jimferguson61

Afer a lot of calls and reading trying to troubleshoot the slingbox.  I finally got my answer.  See if this helps you and let me know.  I have my slingbow in Charlotte NC.  And I have my Logitec Revue ( Google TV ) in Washington DC.  My internet service provider in Charlotte is Time Warner cable.  My internet service provider in washington is Comcast.   MAIN PROBLEM with trying to sling media to the logitec or google tv the ISP has to be uploading at a speed of 2.0 or better.  You could run a speed test when you are a you slingbox location and on that network.  The reason it will work on your computer is that they will buffer for slower speeds  where the Logitec or google tv have no memory to buffer with, they just play as received with no buffering. If it worked before and now doesn't I would think that the load on the ISP has increased and your upload speed has dropped below 1.5

The problem is normally with the sling side not the receiver side because there is normally plenty of download speed for everything to work.

Now for your shockwave crash thingy.  It maybe that you could go to the web brouser and see about downloading an Aboby shockveiw update.  Mine was not giving me that error.  Hope this helps.  Let me know.

Matt.Sling Apprentice

Hi tntom,

We are aware of this issue and working to fix it. In the meantime, a restart/reboot should fix the error code.

I apologize for this inconvenience.

-Matt