I'll try and keep this brief, I'm starting to get frustrated with this product and the company and I don't normally have issues like this.
Here is my setup before ANY Slingboxes were installed:
- Sony HDTV
- Cisco (Or Scientific America, as both names are on the box) RNG150 recieving a digital signal in the suburbs of Minneapolis plugged into HDMI 1 on TV
- Roku 2 XS Plugged into HDMI 2 on TV
- XBox 360 plugged into HDMI 3 on TV
- Anything that needs internet is wired into a Motorola Xtreme cable modem/router (Docsis 3.0)
Added a Slingbox 350, plugged in the component cables to the cable box, then set up Slingplayer on my computer and got sound, but no video, but I could control the TV with the on screen remote (change channels and whatnot) - Imagine that...
I thought I had an issue with not being able to output video due to not having HDMI on the 350 so I went and exchanged it for a 500...
So now I have the 500 plugged in the way it should be in sequence with the TV and cable box. No video on slingplayer, just audio, so I hooked up the component cables. Same problem. So I come to the forums and here is what I've tried.
- Unlinked the HDMI and component inputs during the 500 setup (no fix)
- Tried setting up component alone (no fix)
- HDMI input alone (no fix)
- Plugged in the yellow RCA cable (FIX!)
So now I have video on my slingplayer, but I'm using the LOWEST form of input to do it, why the F*** did I have to buy a 500 with HDMI inputs just to have to use a connection that's almost older than I am (29)?
It's a Christmas present, fine, I'll let it go.
But when I switched to the Slingbox 500, the on screen Slingplayer remote (that worked for my 350) now doesn't function. And the only tech help provided is: install another AV source. Well if you search RNG150 there is one by Cisco, Comcast, Motorola, Scientific Atlanta and one or two others, I've tried them all.
I'm going to refrain from making comments about this product at the time because it seems they're trying to roll out tech while also dealing with things like SOC (which is probably one of my issues with the video inputs) and HDCP (another issue I'm probably up against). But I would really like to at least use the remote.
Thanks for any input.