1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 3:48 PM by cydley RSS

Unable to connect to internet

cydley

Two days of trying to set this thing up, and I am at a loss.  My Slingbox finds the network, establishes the IP address, but will not connect to the internet.  I (evenually) get a "No Internet Connection Detected" error.  I spent two hours on the phone with tech support trying to troubleshoot, and was advised to return it for a new one.  The new model arrived today, and I am having the same problem.  Are there any network settings that may interfere with setup?  I have several other devices on the network, and recently added a new Roku with no problem, so I'm completely at a loss as to what the problem might be,  Using a Cisco/Linksys E2500 router, and have tried to establish connections on both the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands with no success.

• Re: Unable to connect to internet
          cydley

Update: after several frustrating hours of troubleshooting various router settings, I was able to fix the problem by performing a factory reset on both the router and the Slingbox.  Who knows what the initial problem was, but if anyone else is having this issue with a Cisco/Linksys router, I would start there.