17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 1:25 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Comcast/Motorola HD Dual Tuner DVR DCX3400

miketreal

DCX3400 is the number on the box.  This is not a choice when I setup my slingbox remote.  I am able to view my TV from anywhere...but I am unable to change the channel

• Re: Comcast/Motorola HD Dual Tuner DVR DCX3400
          alanrichey42 Master

Most Motorola boxes use the same code, so make sure you check all the other models.  If you don't succeed I have built a Custom Remote for a Motoroal box that uses the same codes as the DCX3400 at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6586

Give it a try

sbatth

I can't get my Slingbox AV to control my Motorola DCX3400 box.  I used the file linked to here, but that has not worked for me.

I have a Slingbox AV with the following specs: hardware version 1.2.0, IR blaster version 2, firmware version 1.2.12 (2/4/09).  I made sure SlingPlayer was closed, put the C0483_PL.bin file in /Applications/SlingPlayer/Contents/Slingbox Setup Assistant/Contents/Resources/SBAV/ on my Mac, re-ran the Setup Assistant and chose "Cable" then "Motorola" then "Other" and entered the code C0483.  I got no error message, gave the power command lots of time, and none of the other buttons worked after completing the setup in regular use mode.  I don't have a digital camera I can use to make sure my blaster is working, but I have two blasters that I have tried so I don't think that's the problem, and I know exactly where the IR receiver is on the box by using a bright light (and blocking that part blocks the normal remote's function).  And I can't use betaremotes.slingbox.com because my Slingbox AV is too old for that.
              Any ideas?
                chasjm3

This didn't work for me. I get an error code: "Custom Remote code not found. Please try another code." However I do not have an option to select "Motorola" in my setup screens. I only have "Custom" as an option, with nothing more to choose, i.e. no drop down box to scroll through.

My Slingbox Pro had been working fine for years, and maybe 6 months ago I got a new cable box with DVR (Motorola dcx3400). Had worked fine with new setting to a different Motorola box (no option for the Motorola DCX3400), but just this week the remote control stopped working. Can't even launch it. It is grayed out on the Slinbox player. Now I don't have any selection other than custom in the setup menu, which is what led me to your post. Absolutely nothing was changed on my end since the time it was working properly.

Any advice is appreciated.

This is interesting...I just went back to select "Set Up Your Slingbox" and it has a warning: "This Slingbox was not originally designed to be used in the USA. You may noth be able to configure this Slingbox forr some devices in this new location." My Slingbox was purchased at Best Buy and has never been moved from the TV it was connected to back in 2008!

*************************************************************************

Called Slingbox Tech support. The message indicating the Slingbox was not "...designed for the USA..." is a known issue to them, and indicates that the Slinbox Pro is defective. They are replacing it for me.

deputylynch

I have downloaded the Motorola remote .zip you have built but it doesn't work using the current player by allowing the swap of the tuners! Can't even bring up the buttons to do this function.

Please help.

miketreal

I am able to view my TV from anywhere...but I am unable to change the channel

mikemcd22

I have this box as well.  I also have the Tivo Software loaded from Comcast.  IR codes for either remote are needed.  I cannot get it to work (I have the same issue as the previous poster).  Thanks!

alanrichey42 Master

Have either of you tried the Custom Remote I linked to in my last post ?

Have you both checked your IR Blasters are working by watching them through a digital camera.

And neither of you believe in giving much away do you ?    Can you give us a LOT MORE information on what you have already tried so we can get a better idea of where you problems might lie ?

jdcates

I selected the Cox DCT6412 (black or silver) as my device, and the remote works well.

dschueler

I have a similar problem that I have narrowed down to not the Slingbox but the Comcast box. Here is the scenario: I have the comcast HDMI going to my AV Receiver and the Composite out going to Slingbox Pro. If I have the AV Receiver on..alll works fine. If the AV Receiver is OFF then I can see the video signal but I can't control the Comcast box. I can't even change channels physically on the Comcast box. When I turn the AV receiver back on...all is OK.

Maybe this has something to do the the HDCP in the Comcast box.....

olmsted57

Found this on Amazon, and it worked for me:

First, my Motorola DCX3400 wasn't listed, but I discovered that I had to choose "DVR (Digital Video Recorder)" and then pick "Comcast", then "DCT3416". This resolved the issue.

Cheers!