33 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2014 6:52 AM by RCwtyM399P Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Connection Timed Out (code: 10003)

cenamax

Starting streaming... fails with "Connection Timed Out" "Unable to connect to Slingbox. Please check that your Slingbox is on and connected to the network. Then try again. (code: 10003). Netflix, Hulu Plus and VUDU all work fine. I can connect and stream the Slingbox find from my phone, tablet and PC. Any help with this issue on the WD TV Live would be appreciated.

• Re: Connection Timed Out (code: 10003)
          ssoo

I'm also having the same problems, and it seems to have started just a few days ago.

paela

maybe is a routers port issue, i always fix it restarting the device, i hate when nobody is near hope support guys come to help us, last nigth i did something trying angry to fix this problem i just connect to the other phantom slingbox on my directory list and this solve the problem for that nigth but today i repeat that process and now even cant plays on my iphone or windows 8 laptop now i need wait to get the slingbox reset after hollydays.

cenamax

Yes, I went to the Slingbox location and powered it off and back on and now everything works fine. I tried to connect with another WD TV Live box at the Slingbox location prior to reseting the Slingbox and had the same problem. Sling should add a reset/reboot option on the View/Setting section of Slingbox.com. It would be awesome to be able to reset/reboot your Slingbox remotely if you able to connect to it through the web site.

ACC4539863

I am having the same issues.  I am not at the slingbox location so i am unable to reset.  Is this the only solution?

ACC4802323

I am having the same problem.  Tech support says there's no way to reset the SLingbox unit remotely.  There should be a way to do this.  Come on, Slingbox.

jeffjl

we should not have to reset anything. Rediculous! This has been going on for a month now. When will it be fixed?

ajmasuda

This error code 10003 is permanent as far as WD Live TV is concerned, because the only to get out of it is to reset the Slingbox.

However, the Slingbox is still working and can be accessed normally through a PC or web page.

So, you can still watch remote programs by not using WD.

I purchased a WD to replace a PC, but it looks like it will have to be returned due to this error and instability of WD (or perhaps the SlingPlayer code).

callanish Apprentice

Just for the record, I can get my wdtv live back by just rebooting the cable modem remotely without having to touch the slingbox. Doesn't really solve anything with addressing this code 10003 issue, but if you have remote access to your cable modem, with the ability to reboot it remotely, you can get your wdtv sling app back that way as well without needing a slingbox reboot.

ACC4802323

I have had the same problem...I put an inexpensive timer at the outlet to turn off the slingbox every night at about 2 am, then back on at 2:30.  So unless I'm watching TV in the middle of the night, it reboots every night.  So far, so good! c

OvCollyer Apprentice

This has happened to me today.

WDTV Live player connecting to a remote SB350.

Same symptoms as others have described above - I can still connect via other devices, just not the WDTV Live player, which gives a 10003 error.

Rebooting the router didn't help. Rebooting the WDTV Live didn't help. Even rebooted the remote STB.

Connecting via iPad works as normal - three green dots to the bottom left shows that port forwarding is working ok, and it is streaming as normal.

However, since the router reboot, the web player only connects via Relay. I've seen this happen before when I've restarted the router but not rebooted the Slingbox - the Slingbox seems to unreliably report its port forwarding state.

The 350 will reboot overnight so I expect things to work again tomorrow.

The SB350 seems to be in some kind of state where it won't let the WDTV player connect to it.

It happened immediately after the stream froze when I was trying to change channels. During the freeze I hit the red button on the WDTV player and it showed a really low bitrate (fluctuating between 0-500kbps).

I disconnected from the stream, and thereafter it wouldn't connect, giving the 10003 error everytime.

I also tried download.slingmedia.com/spcd/wdtv/ and this also gives the 10003 error, showing that it is nothing at the client end causing this, and something at the Slingbox end, which is consistent with a reboot of the box fixing the issue as others have reported.

Maxcat Newbie

Can anyone confirm that the WDTV Hub will connect to the Slingbox 350 outside the USA? The WED link here says that Slaingplayer for Connected Devices is only available in the US.

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000463

Maxcat Newbie

I am in New Zealand and asked for specific confirmation through Slingbox Support and was told 'Yes, it is available outside the US..'. So it must be everywhere now.

I will try the WDTV Hub/Slingbox combo out for the first time this week. More when I have taken them both for a drive.

autumnchase

June 1, 2013 and this is still a problem.  Happened to me today.  Slingbox fixed this problem for the 500 model but not the 350 model.  I guess us 350 users didnt pay enough for the better service?

autumnchase

When is the firmware for the 350 10003 error code going to be out?  The 500 was fixed a while ago.  HELP - Having an overpriced paperweight is upsetting.

drewhammond

I am having the same problem.  Sling should post this as a FAQ and on the Marketing website.  They know about this and have not disclosed in advance.  They are advertising functionality for a product that does not work.  What's more, they are not communicating to the connected device manufacturers that there is a problem. I spent almost 2 hours troubleshooting this with Western Digital.  They still would not believe me when I told them Sling admitted there was a problem.

Yep, I am upset.

ThunderBull

Slingbox needs to fix this ASAP.  This is ridiculous.  The problem has been going on for months and months.  The only thing I use my Sony GS7 for is watching my slingbox.  Now it's worthless.  I spent a couple hundred bucks on something that basically flashes a light at me.  There needs to be a fix, an upgrade or a refund to purchasers.  The response I got from Sony was "we don't know, maybe reset your box."  Slingplayer told me, yeah it's a known issue.  We're working on it.

Really?  What are you doing to fix it?  How many more weeks will I be without my player?  Very frustrated!

RCwtyM399P

Just turn OFF the router's firewall, and everything should be ok, I had the same issue for months, got this 10003 error on WDTV, then I turned Firewall off and I haven't had this error again. 

RCwtyM399P

I mean to turn the firewall OFF on the router that Slingbox is connected to, not where you are remotely watching your home broadcast through WDTV