1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 30, 2010 1:39 PM by Fofo RSS

Location Services Communication Error!?

Emoney1

I have been using my Slingbox Pro-HD for over a year now. I rarely use it for viewing on my local network at home, but I use it a lot for remote viewing when I travel. It's been pretty stable until the last month or so when nothing was working and support said I needed a replacement box $150. Even though I did the replacement, the problem wasn't actually the box, it was the power supply. The only reason I knew that is because they forgot to send me a new power supply with the replacement slingbox-HD and when I set it up I had the same problems as the one I returned. So, I went and bought a $20 dollar power supply with the same rating and everything worked again. I plan on getting my $150 refunded btw.

So, I was using my Slingbox for a couple of days remotely viewing on my Mac or my phone without problem, and now since last night I can't connect. I happened to be working near home and went back to reset my router (even though internet works fine), cable box and the slingbox. I went throught the whole setup assistant again and everything worked and the configuration was successful. However, I still cannot connect to the Slingbox remotely or even on my home LAN. I get the following error no matter what:

"SlingPlayer can't connect to the Slingbox Location Service. Check your networks internet connection and firewall settings. If they're ok, then the Slingbox Location Service might be temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

Now I'm not exactly sure what is going on. The setup assistant runs fine but then I cannot connect. Anyone else having this issue? I run Sling Player on a Mac running Leopard 10.5.8 with a Dlink Router and Time Warner as cable provider.

Thanks in advance for any info or advice.