13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 12:55 AM by ogoker RSS

No SlingBox is found!

ogoker

I cannot set up my HD PRO; it always says "No SlingBox found" and my network light is always off no matter what I do. Can Anyone help? Orhan.

• Re: No SlingBox is found!
          trivers1979 Newbie

Hello Ogoker,

Thanks for participating in our online forum community here! I can certainly see how not having a network light can be confusing and frustrating, Unfortunately to troubleshoot we would need some more information, i.e.: are you hardwired to the router via Ethernet cable, do you have the PSU plugged directly into a wall outlet, when did this start?, did something happen, did you have a power outage, get a new router any changes on your home network?

Here are a few links that you could try using to troubleshoot the issue!

Hope this helps please reply with more information if the issue still persists, the Power supply could possibly also be a culprit!!

Kind Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

ogoker

Dear Sirs:

Thank you for your repy. Here are the details of my problem:

1. My router ,Apple AirportExtreme,  is directly connected via ethernet cable. The router is directly connected to a surge protected which is connected to a UPS. ( Because I am having power outage almost every day, I am using UPS and surge protector almost everywhere in my house.) And the SlingBox HD Pro is connected to the Apple Airport Express via ethernet cable. Both SlingBox and Airport Express are also connected yo a surge protector which is connected to a UPS.( I do not have any problems with my Airport Extreme and Express.)

I have also tried to connect my SlingBox directly to my router A/Extreme without using A/Express,  again I did not get the network light on!

2. A few weeks ago  I have installed a Belkin wireless HDMI unit to use with my TV and Stereo set. After I installed it, the SlingBox still was working fine for about two weeks. Afterwords, its network light went off. I do not know if this happened by chance or if they are related.( In the meantime, I had purchased Sling application both for my iPhone and iPad. But when I had installed the applications,I tested them, and all the three devices were working perfect!!

3. As I mentioned earlier, I get power outage almost everyday  but as I understand both my surge protectors and UPS'es are functioning well!

4. When I try to reset my SlingBox, I get no response at all; it is just dull !!

5. When I leave the SlingBox connected to power outlet for a few days, the Sling-sing light in front of the device  comes on but it stays on permanently/continuosly, it does not move clockwise or counter-clockwise, as it does after you reset it !!

6. When I try to use the Setup Assistant to set it again, it says " No SlingBox found" !!

I urgently need you help to get my SlingBox working, because I am using it in my profession as well.

On the other hand, I need your help for another device of yours I am using:  I have a 4-port Sling Turbo Link  that I am using with my other devices at home. A few days ago, the power light of  the SL 200 unit that is directly connected to my Extreme router went off and after 5 minutes or so it came on again. And now its power  light( and the network light) goes on and off every 4-5 minutes or so ??!! (That unit is also connected to a surge protector+UPS.) I gave this device to a electronics technician to test it ,and he advised me that he tested it and the power light has always been on for a full week !! When I use it at home, I naturally have the unit connected to my router A/Extreme via ethernet cable, but when my technician tested it ,it was plugged to a power source only, not to a router .Does that mean anything?)

On the other hand, the other Sling Link unit , the 4-port unit, works perfect!

Unfortunately I am having serious problems with my Sling devices, and I will be grateful if you can help me  at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Orhan Goker

trivers1979 Newbie

Hello Ogoker,

Thank you for your response and the information as well, again I can certainly see how this can be very frustrating! It sounds like there could possibly be a few culprits. Have you tried plugging the power source directly into a wall outlet and then doing a hard reset 30-40 seconds? It may also be a faulty power supply chord. If you could give us a call at 877-GO-SLING at your earliest convenience so that we could gather some more information and try and troubleshoot the issue and answer any other questions you might have.

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team