1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 23, 2012 3:37 PM by keith.sling RSS

Can a computer receiving a slingbox stream, be hooked up to a TV monitor?

bashasdad

I need to know, specifically, how I might make this connection.  I'm located in NY.  It's a slingbox 500 attached to a scientific Atlantic explorer 8300hd digital box/dvr.  This account is for my mom who is out of the country.  She has perfect reception on her computer screen.  I'd like to know how to hook up the computer to her tv.  Not sure what TV, but its a modern flat screen with hdmi.  I thought an Apple TV or roku box would work.  What I've read is ambiguous.  I'm not the most savvy guy, my mother even less..  Step by step directions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!!!

RG

• Re: Can a computer receiving a slingbox stream, be hooked up to a TV monitor?
          keith.sling Apprentice

Hello bashasdad,

Thanks for participating in our online forum community here! I understand you're interested in hooking a PC up to a TV to view your Slingbox. That, honestly, depends on the inputs of the TV as well as the outputs from the PC. If the computer and the TV have VGA or HDMI inputs and outputs, then it shouldn't be a problem. We also have a SlingPlayer for Connected Devices which is a built in version of SlingPlayer that comes pre-installed on some third party devices which you can connect to a TV to view your Slingbox.

Here is an article from our support site with more details on SlingPlayer for Connected Devices:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team