7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 11:22 AM by uspilot RSS

Watching on android phone

nandn2

I have a slingbox account and can watch on both my laptop and iPad. Can I login and watch on my android phone or is that a separate purchase?

• Re: Watching on android phone
          uspilot

You need to have the Slingplayer for Android Phones app to

access the slingbox from your phone. Available on the Play

Store for $14.99 as of this post.

uspilot

fdmajor

I have a question concerning the andriod apps for the phone and the tablets.

I have a Samsung Note-2, it has a 5.5" HD screen, my question is; Should I use the app for the Phone or the app for tablets???

Thanks for your time and help...

Don

uspilot

It is really a matter of personal preference. I would prefer to watch on the bigger screen of a tablet but if you don't plan on carrying your tablet everywhere you go then the phone might be your preferred option.

fdmajor

Thanks for the answer.

Are there a lot of difference in the Phone app vs the tablet app for andriod systems???

My Samsung Note 2 has a 5.5" screen. I was wondering what app to use, IF there was a visual difference in the two apps. If you had the samsung Note 2 because of the larger screen on the note 2 (5.5") what would you use. Would it make a difference ,  useing the andriod app for the phone or the tablet app??? Thanks for your time and help...

Don

uspilot

I understand that you are wondering if you could use the tablet app on your phone and if so what differences there would be.

I am not completely sure but I think there are enough differences in the Android OS of the phone and the tablet that you wouldn't

be able to use the tablet app on the phone and vice versa. I think that is why Slingbox has the two different apps. If you want to

watch the slingbox on your phone then get the phone app or to watch on the tablet get the tablet app. Hope this helps.

fdmajor

Thanks for your help uspilot, that's what I needed to know. I had several people teling me several different things, then I saw this forum and felt that I could get a more informed answer. That I did.

This forum is awesome!

Thanks for your time and your sharing your thoughts with me.

I just installed the Slingbox Andriod PHONE app on my Note 2, and it looks GREAT!!!

Thanks again uspilot, Hope you have a GREAT week-end!

Don

uspilot

You're quite welcome. Happy to be of assistance.

uspilot