7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2013 9:54 AM by rhenson RSS

Audio problem with Sony Google TV (NSZ-GS7)

wilmax

I have bought a google TV from Sony and would like to use the slingapp created for Google TV. I get a connection with my SlingBox-PRO also the image is perfect and the controls are working fine. But I don't get any audio. I have tested a lot of things, cables, analog and digital outputs on the SlingBox. Nothing worked to get audio on my Google TV.

But on all other mobile devices or pc's the audio is working fine, so that can not be the issue.

My idea is there is something wrong with the audio settings of the Flash Player from my Google Chrome. Because it is using the Flash Player of your Google Chrome and I had only one time my audio working and that was when I was testing another website with Flash. But know after some updates also that is not working anymore.

Can somebody help me to find a solution for this issue? How can I re-install my Flash Player of check the settings of it?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

• Re: Audio problem with Sony Google TV (NSZ-GS7)
          ajameslee Newbie

I would check the cable again.

wilmax

I already checked the cable of the slingbox and like I wrote the web client en mobile device client (Android) are working fine with the same slingbox, picture and sound. So it must be something with the Google Chrome and its Flash Plugin where the sound is not coming through.

The picture and controls are working fine on my Sony Google TV, but no sound. I tried the composite and component input of the slingbox, but doesn't make any difference.

It had some Flash error messages on my Google Chrome (of my Sony Google TV) in the past and at that moment it temporary worked. But I received afterwards some auto updates of Chrome/Google TV OS and the error messages are gone, but the sound also.

So my question is, can somebody tell me if it is possible to change some sound settings of the Flash Player in Google Chrome (Google TV version)?

Thanks in advance for all your feedback.

OvCollyer Apprentice

I may have a similar issue.

New Sony NSZ-GS7 and also a Vizio Co star. Now earlier today both were working with video and audio on the Slingplayer when connected to one TV, but this afternoon I tried with another TV and although it worked to begin with the sound from the Slingplayer has stopped and I can't get it back. Tried everything, rebooting everything, powering off and on, different cable, different TV input, but no luck. Also happens with two other Slingboxes, so in total a 350 and two Pro-HDs. What is strange is that I can still get audio from some websites, and the sounds made when you select things using the OSD still work. It's literally only the sound that is meant to come from the remote Slingbox that isn't working.

PC, iOS Slingplayers all get the sound ok when connecting to these Slingboxes, so I'm assuming, like you, it relates to the flash player or GTV Slingplayer.

I will try it again on the original TV to see if I can narrow it down to the TV. Are you able to try another TV?

OvCollyer Apprentice

Further to this, I seem to have solved my problem by switching the resolution of the NSZ-GS7 to 1080i, from 1080p.

Unless it's just started working again by coincidence.

wilmax

Thanks a lot OvCollyer, this solution works! Strange that changing a resolution helps to get the sound back, I can life with 1080i as resolution but I think SlingPlayer or Sony should try to find out what goes wrong with the 1080P resolution.

But till they find a solution, this is a very good workarround.

Thanks again! Works great now on my Sony Google TV.

OvCollyer Apprentice

That's good to hear.

I read on the Internet somewhere that 1080p requires a fast HDMI cable or something, so maybe it relates to that I don't know.

I did try swapping cables but I don't really know whether I have fast ones or slow ones tbh, I didn't know HDMI cables had different speeds.

Anyway, glad it works. I had the same issue with the Vizio Co-Star so it must be to do with Android 3.2/Flash or the Slingplayer. If the latter then expect a solution by 2057

rhenson

This is an old post, but I thought I would post my findings for future users.  I was having the same issue, and finally removed the hdmi cable from the tv and then plugged it back in.  This fixed the issue for me.  I then noticed that every time the quality changed (running wireless in hotel), the sound would stop working, and I would have to disconnect/reconnect the hdmi from the tv...not a bad issue in the end.