3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 3:48 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

IR Key Codes info in web plug-in

scc2

I need to find my IR key codes (which in the old stand-alone slingplayer were found at the bottom of the "Information" tab under "Properties" for the particular slingbox) so that I can configure the remote for my Jaksta recorder (which now can record but cannot change channels when it starts recording).

Does anyone know where I can find this info in the Slingplayer web plug-in?

Thanks,

Stefanosc

• Re: IR Key Codes info in web plug-in
          alanrichey42 Master

You can't, but I don't think it matters, as I think you have the system back to front.  Those codes are simply the result of the setup that is in the Slingbox, you cannot use them to actually chnage anything.

Can you explain the problem in a bit more detail ?   If you need a new Custom Remote built I need the Jakstar model number,

scc2

Thanks for the response but I DONT want to change anything on the Slingbox, I just need to get AT the IR key codes so I can program them INTO the Jaksta recorder, so it can duplicate the channel changes on my Pro-HD with built-in digital tuner (which work fine when I watch my Slingbox in real time with the web plug-in)!

At the moment, my workaround is that I set the channel I want to record with my player web plug-in and THEN get the jaksta recorder to record from the current channel (whatever that is) but it would be nice to be able to get the Jaksta to change channels before it starts recording - it THINKS it changes channels (I can see it in its log) but it doesnt.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I'm still finding it difficult to understand this, mainly because I know nothing about the Jaksta recorder.  Are you saying you want to remotely control the channel selected by the tuner in the Pro-HD itself using an external IR blaster ?  If so I don't think you can do that.  The ONLY reason the Pro-HD is fitted with an IR receiver was for use with http://remotes.slingbox.com to learn remote codes, not for any control purpose.   If you are trying to change the channel on another device that is feeding the Pro-HD then that would be easy, we just need to know the name/model of the device.

BTW, if you know you can do what you can accomplish then why not just install the standalone player ?