5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 11:08 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Slingbox with one video source and multiple devices?

roaldmaro

Hi,

I could use some help with my setup...

I want to connect my slingbox to my A/V recivers (onkyo tx-nr709b) HDMI sub output (using a HMDI to component converter).

All of my other devices are connected to this A/V reciver; TV decoder, xbox, blu-ray player, etc..

The question is then; is it posible to control multiple devices with the slingbox, but using the same video/audio input on all devices?

If it is not naturally supported, I quess it my be possible to make a custom controller that gives me all of the required options for alle of the devices at once?

• Re: Slingbox with one video source and multiple devices?
          telekaster Newbie

Hi,

I recently set up a brand new Slingbox 350 and it only lets the Slingbox control 1 device - usually your cable box/DVR. I'm not sure if Sling's database contains other types of devices. I see what you're saying, but I do not think there would be a way to control multiple devices. Sure, I believe it will stream anything you input into the Slingbox if you place it downstream from your A/V receiver, but you still will not be able to control input sources, power up your xbox, Blu-ray, etc.

• Re: Slingbox with one video source and multiple devices?
              roaldmaro

According to the manual it does support input and control of multiple devices (ut to 3 I think it was), but I guess that means that you may connect one device to the component input, one to the RGB input, and one to the coaxial input (and position the IR blasters to each device).

What I want to do is to be able to control 3 (or maby more) devices, but using the same video/audio input for all devices instead of the 3 different inputs...

Anyway... Any reason this would not work with a custom controller?