4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 11:00 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Need .bin REMOTE FILE for Xfinity PX001ANM or X1 Platform

Jaypatelius

Hello - I live in the Boston area - I have a new Xfinity PX001ANM or X1 Platform Box and there is no supported remote file or even search for this remote - rendering my slingbox PRO-HD completely useless.  I tried the JP1 approach of creating my own custom .bin file, but this is proving time consuming and didn't work on first try.

Why cannot Slingbox update their database to include Xfinity PX001ANM box remote - this is a new box in a major MARKET.

I HAVE MY SLINGBOX setup in Boston, but I live in Atlanta.  Obviously for a Boston sports fan living in Atlanta, having the slingbox not be able to turn off/on the tv/cable or change channels, use guide etc. with this new Xfinity PX001ANM renders my slingbox completely useless.

Please help.

• Re: Need .bin REMOTE FILE for Xfinity PX001ANM or X1 Platform
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

Jaypatelius

Of course I searched the forums and did my due diligence.  Hence my posting in the first place.  the issue has not been resolved and my patience with slingbox is wearing thin.  how has a major tv market area's comcast boxes not been added into the sling remote database.  that is a gross oversight if you ask me, especially since customers are complaining about it and bringing it to your attention.

alanrichey42 Master
                  Of course I searched the forums and did my due diligence.  Hence my posting in the first place. 

So when you did the search and found this posting:

Xfinity Cable Box/PVR Pace PX001ANM

what happened when you tried the Custom Remote I built ?

How has a major tv market area's comcast boxes not been added into the sling remote database.  that is a gross oversight if you ask me, especially since customers are complaining about it and bringing it to your attention.

Only Sling can answer that and you will not get any response here.  You have to remember this is NOT a support forum, it is an area for users to discuss problems and try and offer each other advice.  Although the moderators will point you to the support articles if one has been written that is specific to your problem.   Proper individual Sling support is available only via the phone (and the associated charges).   None of us approve of that but it is Company policy