1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 11:15 AM by waber RSS

SETTING FUTURE RECORD KINDLE FIRE

waber

As much as I have tried, I can't find a way to set up a recording for the future.  The recrord button on the left seems to allow recording now, and when I open the clustered misc menu it has all the remote commands except record.  When I am in the program guide and right click on a program the only option is remind.  That is one of  the options which come up with the regular cable remote when you click on a program, but the other option, set to record, does not show up.  I am obviously missing something quite simple, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks,

Bill

• Re: SETTING FUTURE RECORD KINDLE FIRE
          waber

I finally found the answer and it involves a lot of clicking.  You start with the remote button top right corner.  Then select the box which has a kind of X in it.  This opens commands on the right and left side of the screen.  Choose the guide button and when the guide appears, move the arrows to the program you want to deal with in the future. It is best to be on the cable channel when you start this since the process is somewhat slow.  If it is now 2pm, you move the right arrow until you find the program you wish to record.  When there you hit the red record button and the regular cable box menu appears offering you the various choices.  You select with your finger or kindle pointer and that should do it.  If you go back to the program list it should appear in red.

I am with TWC so these items I describe are for it's menu, color etc. service.

BTW, found the chat person totally unable to deal with this kind of question.

Bill