1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 9:52 AM by daugustus5150 RSS

Slingbox Pro - Your Slingbox has been disconnected because of a poor Internet connection. Try connecting again.

surfersteve1970

Hi,

I bought a Slingbox Pro from eBay and have been having a nightmare trying to get it setup.

My setup is:

SlingBox Pro (The red one)

Networked via cable to router

Digital TV lead into SlingBox Pro "ANT IN" (I have tested that this works with a TV, I live in the UK)

Mac OX Mountain Lion

Slingbox software up to date on Slingbox and webapp

Upon trying to setup the Slingbox Pro I was previously not able to connect correctly when going through the setup process. I left the Slingbox Pro setup for a few days then came back and somehow it then let me connect through to the "Detecting Video.." part of the setup.

Now when I try to search for a video signal nothing is detected and the following message is displayed "No video detected on the                              Coaxial Slingbox input" message. After I then click "Next" (Coxial) is selected and select any of the External Box (I'm assuming I should be using "Digital Antenna" as I live in the UK and we have digital TV. The SlingBox starts scanning for channels, but each time does not complete and the following message is displayed:

"Your Slingbox has been disconnected because of a poor Internet connection. Try connecting again."

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also I want to connect a Sky box via the HDMI cable that is provided I can't see any way of pointing the Slingbox software to search for anything that is attached via this cable. The only search options I see are:

Coaxial

Composite

S-Video

Component

Nothing for the attached HDMI lead that is provided.

Thanks,

Steve