4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 11:44 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Watch on Slingbox.com updated!

tcaradonna Novice

Can Slingbox be a little more specific about these new enhancements & bug fixes?

Is the update only good for 500?  How do you put in custom remotes?  A little more detail about the "how to" of all updates is appreciated.  Thank you.

• Re: Watch on Slingbox.com updated!
          skopelos Newbie

Hello ....right now the update is not up  and running..There is no way to put custom remote control in the 350 or 500.They retracted the update a few hours ago without an explanation and they are going to put it up again in the next hours or days..

alanrichey42 Master
            Is the update only good for 500?

Yes (and the 350).  If you select 'Configure Inputs' for any other type of box it switches to http://setup.slingbox.com

How do you put in custom remotes?

When it re-appears the method is relatively easy.  Just do the setup as you would for a supported box.  When you get to the manufactures selection, scroll right to the bottom of the list and select 'Custom'.  Then follow the on-screen instructions.

A little more detail about the "how to" of all updates is appreciated.    

Agreed.  But I don't think Sling have ever 'done' Release Notes so I wouldn't hold your breath

daugustus5150 Newbie

Hello Tom,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum! I know that when we changed our website a lot of customers were lost on how to add those customer remote files. Luckily enough, we have updated our database to cover the new website as well. I'll post the new link for you below:

How to upload custom remote .BIN files

Best Wishes,

The Slingbox Moderation Team