5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2010 5:49 AM by eferz RSS

I upgraded software on slingbox pro, and now I have lost my custom remote control.

myjess

I am not happy.

I had to make a custom remote control for Sky HD with the remote control using the remote's code 2 which mean;t the original sky HD remote on the slingbox would not work with my SKY HD.

I went to another computer, upgraded my software and now I have lost the custom remote control.

Now I will have to input everything again manually.

When I say I have lost the remote control, nothing is being displayed anymore in slingplayer where the remote control should be, and there seems to be no way to display it.

Why can I not export my remote control when I have it setup so that if things like this happen again, I can just import it throught betaremotes.slingbox.com.

• Re: I upgraded software on slingbox pro, and now I have lost my custom remote control.
          alanrichey42 Master

I think we have to be careful with terminology here.  When you say you went to another computer and upgraded the software do you actually mean you updated the copy of Slingplayer on that computer ?   That should not have affected your Custom Remote as that is actually stored inside the Slingbox.  In that case, is the Remote still available on the original computer ?

If you actually mean you updated the firmware on the Slingbox then that is a different matter and that may very well have affected the Custom Remote.

Did you build the Remote using betaremotes.com or using a BIN file ?   If it is the former and the Remote is not showing when you log in then it sounds as though the Remote has been lost during the firmware upgrade so you will have to build it again.    Obviously it is was a BIN file you simply have to run the video setup again.

BTW, when you say '...and there seems to be no way to display it.'  is the Remote switching icon actually greyed out ?

Al

• Re: I upgraded software on slingbox pro, and now I have lost my custom remote control.
              myjess

Hi Alan,

When the software updated it asked did I want to update the firmware and I said yes.

I am remaking this custom remote now in my attic where it is 35degreesC and very uncomfortable(cos that where the slingbox is!

In fact, I am now useing the same laptop I used to generate the first remote and I can see it listed here now in betaremotes.

Happy days.

I have saved this remote out now to my NAS, so that no matter where I  am, I can import it if needs be.

The only thing I cannot get working is the blue buttons for guide and services. I do not know why.

Alan, would you be able to look at this lrz file attached and try to figure out why the blue tv guide is not working under the guide button, and why the services is not working under the menu button?

Thanks.

carol1979 Newbie

Some problem with my I can see my remote on betaremotecontrol and I have a backup of myRemote.lrz.

I need help.

Thanks

eferz Expert

Carol,

Please stop posting so many topics on various  for the  same problem.  Scattering your questions all over the web might  get  you conflicting answers that can ruin your system.  I noticed that  you  posted on at least three different websites about the same problem.

Each  site I found had a round about way of trying  solve a simple problem.   Here you have at least three posts where you're  asking how to convert  an .lrz file into a .bin file, and on another  site you're trying to  downgrade your firmware in order to use the  original .lrz file.

So,  I had to cyber-stalk you to  figure what's going on with your  Slingbox.  The problem is simple.   There is a Slingbox in Brazil.  It  is connected to an unknown box from Net Serviços de Comunicação S.A.   You would like to be able to control  that box with the Slingplayer  remote control.

We can  help you do that without trying to downgrade  your firmware and possibly even trying to translate files.  All you need  to do is tell us which box  did Net Serviços' assign to you.   Apparently, they distributed several boxes made by either Thompson,  Pace, Cisco, or RCA with their television service.  So, you can help us  help you by telling us the manufacturer  and model number of the box.

Let's stick to one post,  and we can help you resolve  your problem as soon as possible.