2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 3:05 AM by JayP RSS

Excellent Broadband Connection at BOTH ends but have LOW BITRATE!!

JayP

I have a slingbox solo and stream video to my mac on watch.slingbox.com, my ios devices and a slingcatcher. All 3 were working fine with a connection speed averaging 1000kbps. About 2 weeks ago something changed and I can't get a connection speed over 350/400 kbps. Any Idea or troubleshooting tips?

• Re: Excellent Broadband Connection at BOTH ends but have LOW BITRATE!!
          Apprentice

Hello JayP,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing bitrate issues! In order to help you out further I would like to ask you a few more questions:

• Does the bitrate remain the same while streaming inside and outside your network?

• Have you attempted manually checking for updates to your Slingbox? See the link below for step by step instructions on how to do so:

• How is your Slingbox connected to your router? (Wireless bridge, directly with an Ethernet cable, etc.)

Answering these questions will really help us out to get this fixed for you! Have a great day!

Thanks,

The Sling Moderation Team

• Re: Excellent Broadband Connection at BOTH ends but have LOW BITRATE!!
              JayP

Hey Archie,

1. Yes the bitrate is basically the same:

Inside: 450-500kbps (used to be over 2500 kbps)

Outside: 350-400kbps (used to be around 1000 kbps)

2. I use slingplayer on watch.com which is up to date. The slingbox firmware is 2.1.270

I also use slingplayer on an old slingcatcher which is connected to my TV. It is up to date as well.

I have updated to the lastest iOS slingplayer as well on my iPad however the connection buffers constantly in the app even with auto resolution

3. The slingbox is connected to my router directly via a wired connection. My broadband at source (shaw broadband 50, calgary) has an upload average of 2.4 Mbps and my broadband away has a download on average of 25 Mbps.

Thanks

Jay