1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 12:28 PM by archie.sling RSS

Issue with audio dropping out and video rolling

mikekrabb

I'm wondering if anyone has had issues any issues with audio dropping out and video rolling?

I have a dish 722k receiver, and have the component cords hooked up from that, but I'm not feeding them out to anything (I'm also using the HDMI on the box going to a receiver).

Roughly once every minute or so, the audio drops out for 5-10 seconds - the video doesn't.  However - the video rolls.  When you first turn the box on and start watching something, everything looks good, but after about a minute or so, it starts to roll - very slowly - until after about 20 min - the screen is split completely in two - what is normally the top 1/2 of the screen is at the bottom, and what is normally the bottom half is displayed at the top.  Closing the app and opening it back up doesn't fix it.

I've got an iphone 5, iPhone 4, and iPad 2 that use the device, and all have issues with this, regardless if it's over wifi/LTE/3G.

Now, I've also got an external antenna hooked up (So another source), and I don't have an issue with that.

I've replaced the cables - same thing.  I am wondering if there is an issue with the slingbox componenet connectors?  Could they be failing?  (when hooking the dish up to a tv with those cables, there is no issue).

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this, and if they might have suggestions on how to fix, or if I"m just out of luck.

Thanks!