1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 11:53 AM by archie.sling RSS

PRO-HD video stream clipped on both sides

rgoebel

I have a Slingbox PRO-HD, which gets its television feed from a Telus Optik TV iptv box.  The outputs from the iptv box go to the Slingbox in the normal way, but also go into an HDMI splitter/router, which has feeds from the iptv box and a blu-ray player.

The problem is that the video signal from the Optik TV box is clipped on both sides when displayed on the browser Slingbox watcher (Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Safari).

It seems that no adjustment to aspect ratio on the tv (with the tv remote), or with the Optik TV remote, or in the browser aspect control fixes the problem?

My own suspicions are about what some one told me about any HDMI cable connection in the whole system (one person told me to simply disconnect the HDMI cables from the Optik iptv box ... that doesn't make any sense?).   That sounded like a "magic" solution that assumed that any HDMI cable from the iptv box, even if it didn't connect to the Slingbox PRO-HD, would some how create a default aspect ratio (HD) output, regardless of how the aspect ratios were set on the browser watch controls?

Has any one else found this kind of problem and resolved it?

Cheers,

Randy

• Re: PRO-HD video stream clipped on both sides
          Apprentice

Hello rgoebel,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums! To better assist you, I have some further questions regarding your particular issue:

• Is the picture cut off on both sides with regular Standard Channels as well?
          • Have you tried more than one browser? (i.e. Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer)
          • Have you tried disconnecting the HDMI Switch to see if the same thing happens with a straight connection?

Thank you,

The Sling Moderation Team