4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 5:45 PM by tcaradonna RSS

Slingbox broadcast capacity

illamental

Is it possible to watch a slingbox from several ipads (around 25) inide a Lan for educational purposes?

Thanks for help!

• Re: Slingbox broadcast capacity
          tcaradonna Novice

Slingplayer doesn't inherently have any capability to do this.  Perhaps there is some other kind of application (like airplay mirroring) that may help with this.

Can you give us an idea of what you want to do, perhaps there is a better solution than a slingbox.

illamental

Thanks for your answer. I need to conect a microscope wich uses hdmi output and broadcast that signal in to all the ipads, so students will be able to see the microscope image right in their desk, and not from the proyector in the wall.

tcaradonna Novice

The source HDMI (microscope video camera) is in the same room as the students right?  Are there remote viewers too?

I took pathology/histology so I know how hard it is to see the detail of a wall projected microscope image.  I think this would be a great solution to get on ipads.

tcaradonna Novice

I did a little looking around.  I don't think slingbox can do what you're looking for because they are pretty determined to keep a one-source, one-viewer configuration.  (Probably has to do with the content holder demands rather than technology limitations).

I would suggest asking on educational forums as it seems to me your idea would be a common request given all the ipad deployments in classrooms now.