1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 12:25 PM by keith.sling RSS

Logged in, but still asking for password

smckinson

my Slingbox which is in a remote location has been fine until yesterday.  When I tried logging in last night, I kept getting the pop up "we cannot connect to the Slingbox".  Today when I log in to my Sling account and try to connect to this remote Sling box, it's asking me to enter my password again???, even though I am already logged in, and the strange thing is that the box which comes up on the screen has to the password already highlighted as dots. My other Slingbox which is in the same location as me, is working fine.  Please help.  Thx

• Re: Logged in, but still asking for password
          keith.sling Apprentice

Hello smckinson,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the answers forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue connecting to your Slingbox from a remote location. We would need some additional information to really isolate the issue here. ie: Is this only occurring on one particular computer? Have you tried switching browsers? Have you tried entering the word "admin" or your account password?

Here is a link to an article from our support site which will walk you through some additional troubleshooting steps here:

Beyond that, you would need to actually check the lights on the front of the Slingbox itself and possibly perform a factory reset from the home location.

Here is a link which will walk you through performing a hard reset on your Slingbox, as well as our contact information:

Please don't hesitate to give us a call if you're still having any trouble!

Kind Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team