7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 3:11 PM by archie.sling RSS

connection attempt failed

immi79

hi, i m having problem watching slingbox pro hd watching remotely. it runs for 3 or 4 mins then stops showing the message

''The connection attempt failed. Make sure the Slingbox you are trying to watch is on, set up for remote viewing, and not blocked by firewall/NAT settings''.

firewall in router is disabled, box is setup for internet viewing and TCP port 5001 is open as well. what is the reason m getting this message?

• Re: connection attempt failed
          Apprentice

Hello immi79,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting to your Slingbox remotely. I did verify within your account that the Slingbox is setup and passed for Internet Viewing. I do have a couple questions in regards to the particular issue you are experiencing:

• Where are you attempting to connect from? (i.e. private home, workplace, or public establishment)
          • Are you connecting via WiFi, 3G, 4G or hardwired?
          • Are the firewalls disabled on the PC or MAC you are accessing the Slingbox from?

Below are some informational links to help solve Internet Viewing Issues:

Have a Good Day!

The Sling Moderation Team

• Re: connection attempt failed
              immi79

hi, i am attempting to connect from home

i have tried with wifi and 3G connections and the result is the same .

firewall is not disabled on the pc from where i am attempting to connect. but i recently have moved the slingbox to different location. the place where the slingbox was located before , was not having this issue and was able to view without disabling the firewall. one more thing is i can view without any problem on slingplay for desktop, no disconnections there , the problem is on slingplayer web.

i also have a trusted proxy server which is not giving me speeds. can see the speed fluctuations sometimes streaam upto 3000kbps but suddenly come down to 1100kbps and stays on here. dont know if that is because of the same reason, using proxy on slingplayer desktop. contacted trusted proxies on this issue they said the problem is at my side somewhere.

speeds where slingbox located : download : 12mb, upload : 1.1mb

speeds where m connecting to slingbox remotely : download : 6mb, upload : 1mb