4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2012 5:40 AM by Nobrien64 RSS

Freezing of picture on HD mode for Slingbox 500

Nobrien64

I have FIOS and download speeds beyond amazaing. When I hook up the slongbox 500 I get freezing of picture for one to two secnds every twenty or so seconds in HD mode. SD works fine. Why? and what can I do to fix it it?

• Re: Freezing of picture on HD mode for Slingbox 500
          Apprentice

Hello Nobrien64,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with viewing your Slingbox in HD mode. To better assist you, what are your current speeds within your Network? With HD mode you will need a minimum of 2 Mbps.

Thank you,

The Sling Moderation Team

Nobrien64

25-30 Mbps download speeds. I have FIOS at home. It works fine on my laptop, but freezes on iPhone and iPad App.

Neil O'Brien 

1921 Whitehead Ln

Auburn, NY 13021

315-255-0041   

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  THIS E-MAIL IS MEANT FOR ONLY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THE TRANSMISSION, AND MAY BE A COMMUNICATION PRIVILEGED  BY LAW.  IF YOU  RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, ANY REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION,DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS E-MAIL IS STRICTLY  PROHIBITED.  PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR BY RETURN EMAIL AND PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

Apprentice

Hello Nobrien64,

Thank you for the immediate response! If this is with the SlingPlayer application, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application? When you purchased the SlingPlayer application, did you purchase the SlingPlayer for iPhone and install it on the iPad?

Thank you,

The Sling Moderation Team

Nobrien64

I had the right application, but did the uninstall and reinstall and it is working better.

Neil O'Brien 

1921 Whitehead Ln

Auburn, NY 13021

315-255-0041   

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  THIS E-MAIL IS MEANT FOR ONLY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THE TRANSMISSION, AND MAY BE A COMMUNICATION PRIVILEGED  BY LAW.  IF YOU  RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, ANY REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION,DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS E-MAIL IS STRICTLY  PROHIBITED.  PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR BY RETURN EMAIL AND PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION.