5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 5:25 PM by joanrinken RSS

error connecting

joanrinken

We recently installed a new router and I am on a windows 7 pc.  Hard reboot of slingbox as well as check of all connections.

Keep getting Message:  "Error connecting to slingbox"

What am I doing wrong?

When I look at My Slingbox Info It says all services are working fine, that inernet setup is complete and it does have the correct public ip address.

• Re: error connecting
          Apprentice

Hello joanrinken,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums! I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting to your new router. If you are getting the error message of "Error connecting to Slingbox", I would try going back through reconfiguring the Slingbox. When you reset the Slingbox you must go back through the setup in order to view the Slingbox. When I checked your account it also doesn't show the Slingbox is setup for Internet Viewing. Once you have gone back through the setup, I would try connecting again to the Slingbox. If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to respond back.

Thank you,

The Sling Moderation Team

joanrinken

For the record, I opted to spend the $30, spent almost 3 hours on the phone with a very nice tech named Sean.  He couldn't get it to work either.Nothing was said about configuring for internet viewing.  We did reset the Slingbox and attempted to go thru the setup.

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:00:33 -0800

To: njgraver@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: - error connecting

Slingbox Answers Forum

error connecting

reply from Archie34 in Networking your Slingbox - View the full discussion

Hello joanrinken, Thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums! I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting to your new router. If you are getting the error message of "Error connecting to Slingbox", I would try going back through reconfiguring the Slingbox. When you reset the Slingbox you must go back through the setup in order to view the Slingbox. When I checked your account it also doesn't show the Slingbox is setup for Internet Viewing. Once you have gone back through the setup, I would try connecting again to the Slingbox. If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to respond back. Thank you,  The Sling Moderation Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Networking your Slingbox at Slingbox Answers Forum

Apprentice

Hello joanrinken,

I took a look at your account to review the notation from the call. It looks like we had sent a replacement power adapter. Just to verify, when you were getting the error message was the network light off on the Slingbox?

Thank you,

The Sling Moderation Team

joanrinken

Lights were all on.  Sean verified that. 

Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 08:50:56 -0800

Slingbox Answers Forum

error connecting

Hello joanrinken, I took a look at your account to review the notation from the call. It looks like we had sent a replacement power adapter. Just to verify, when you were getting the error message was the network light off on the Slingbox? Thank you,  The Sling Moderation Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

joanrinken

OK..so we put in the new power adapter.  Now it says that we are putting in the wrong password.  Could sean have changed the administrator passsword when he was remotely working on my machine?

Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 08:50:56 -0800

Slingbox Answers Forum

error connecting

Hello joanrinken, I took a look at your account to review the notation from the call. It looks like we had sent a replacement power adapter. Just to verify, when you were getting the error message was the network light off on the Slingbox? Thank you,  The Sling Moderation Team