8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 3:03 PM by archie.sling RSS

HTC 8x phone to Slingplayer?

bob7

Can I connect an HTC 8X phone to Slingplayer?

• Re: HTC 8x phone to Slingplayer?
          Apprentice

Hello bob7,

Excellent Question and I have great news, we do have the Slingplayer available for the Windows Phone. Below is the link that will direct you to the download:

Hope this helps!

The Sling Moderation Team

bob7

Hi,

thanks for your reply however, thie app that you are recommending is the one I dowloaded and it just will not connect. When I try to log in I get the following: Error code: Object not found.

The remote server returned an error: Not found

The box is either turned off or has lost connection to the internet.

I can still get the slingplayer on my Android phone and on my windows 8 PC its just the new HTC windows 8x phone that cannot make the conection.

Apprentice

Hello bob7,

Thank you for getting back to me. I do have a couple questions in regards to your particular situation with the error message your receiving:

• What type of connection are you using with the Windows Phone? (i.e. WiFi, 3G, 4G)
                  • If you are connecting via WiFi, are you doing so in a public establishment, private home or work place?
                  • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application?
                  • When you referenced to "The box is either turned off or has lost connection to the Internet", what do you mean? Does the Slingbox network light shut off when this error comes up?

Thank you,

bob7

Hi Archie,

thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions:

1) I am using WIFI in my home.

2) I have not tried uninstalling the app, as I was afraid if I uninstalled it, I would have to pay again to download and reinstall it.

3) What I was refering to was the messages I get on my phone when trying to connect to the Slingbox.

4) The slingbox network light is still on when I get the message that "the slingbox is either turned off" or that "I have lost my network connection".

I have checked that the box is still on and that the network light is on and that I still have a connection to the internet. As I said in my earlier post, I can connect to the slingbox and watch TV from both my comuter and from my other (Android) phone. The problem arises only when trying to connect my HTC 8x windows phone.

Regards

Bob

bob7

I have just tried connecting again and these are the details the phone gives me:

Error Code= Object not found

Message= The remote server returned an error: Not found

Operation= initialisation

Hint= The box is either turned off or lost connection to the internet

Apprentice

Hello bob7,

Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly. You can uninstall and reinstall the application without having to repurchase the Slingplayer app. You can do so through the Windows Market Place. I'm also going to research this a little further with Windows 8 being so new.

Thank you,

bob7

Archie,

another update. I just uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I sat in front of the Slingbox and tried to connect and guess what? Same again, same messages.

Apprentice

Hello bob7,

After researching this for you, currently our Windows Phone Slingplayer application is not compatible with the Windows 8 Phone. In the future we should have an updated application for the Windows 8 Phone. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,