2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 1:08 PM by Hjerrild RSS

Low bitrates

rahulblr

Hello,

I have been using my Slingbox Pro HD for more than 3 years now.   It has worked fine but lately I am having trouble getting a good bit rate.   My internet speed at home is good enought (1mbps) to give me a  decent video remotely.   But for the last couple of weeks, the best bitrate I have seen is about 24kbps.   I checked the port forwarding rules on both my DSL and the wifi router at home and the ports are forwarding correctly.  I see good bitrates at home of about 3mbps.

Has anybody seen similar problems?

Thanks.

• Re: Low bitrates
          Apprentice

Hello rahulblr,

That's an interesting issue. It sounds like it may be your Internet speed (upload and download speed) either at your home location or at the remote location you are viewing your Slingbox. I would recommend taking a look at the link below that shows what your upload and download speed should be:

You can test the speeds of your home network or remote network with the following link:

Hope this helps!

The Sling Moderation Team

• Re: Low bitrates
              Hjerrild

Having exat the same problems the last 2 days. Have been using Slingbox on the samenetwork for 2 years now, and only had problems in October this year when Apple introduced a new Software update and Slingbox wasn't prepared.

For me it seems to be the same problem again. I have a good connection maybe for 30 - 45 minutes and the I miss the bitrates and is down to maybe 100 or 150.

I have a good Fiber connection (20MB both up and down) both at home and when I am on my job, but despite of that I have the same problems as we expired in September/October this year.

Have you made any changes from your site in Slingbox.com ? I have noticed that you have updated the firmware for the new 500 model. Can that for any reason give troubles for our HD-pro model ?