Good morning all!
I need to start off this thread by informing everyone that I have somewhere between Intermediate and Advanced skills in regards to PC repair and Networking, so the fact that I'm asking for help is a bit difficult for me to do. :-) I received a Slingbox Pro-HD, and am having difficulty in finding it on my Network. I've researched Google and this Forum's postings regarding this Network issue, and I think that this is my last hope. Here are the details:
1) Slingbox Pro-HD -- Both power and network lights are solid, the horseshoe is pulsing (needs to be setup). Hard-wired via ethernet cable to router.
2) DirecTV HD DVR HR21-700 -- Connected via component cable to the Slingbox Pro-HD.
3) Westell Versalink 327w Gateway Router -- Sees the Slingbox as "My Slingbox" (192.168.1.42) in the router's Network Connections menu.
4) HP Pavilion M9500T (running Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate) -- Hard-wired via ethernet cable to the Router.
Okay, I've tried installing both the Internet Explorer SlingPlayer plug-in and the stand-alone SlingPlayer software, but both options return the result "No Slingbox found on Network" error message. According to the Versalink 327w Network Connections, the Slingbox is being recognized as "My Slingbox" with an IP address of 192.168.1.42.
- I have setup the Port Forwarding on the Router with TCP/UDP settings of 5001, and have tried both Static and Dynamic settings -- no joy.
- I have completely turned off my Router firewall to see if the Router itself was blocking the Slingbox -- no joy.
- I have modified my Windows firewall to allow "Launch SlingPlayer" pass-through authorization -- no joy.
- I have completely turned off my Windows firewall -- no joy.
- I even changed the ethernet cable to the one shipped with the Slingbox (gotta try everything, right?) to see if that might be the issue -- no joy.
I did try to ping the IP address that the Router reports back as the Slingbox address, and it pings back without issue, so there is definitely communication there between the PC/Router/Slingbox, so I'm assuming that there's a software setting SOMEWHERE that I must be overlooking, hence my pleas for help.
Is there ANYTHING that I might be overlooking that the educated masses might suggest?