I don't think you will ever get a reply. If you read the 'House Rules' for the forum :
With that in mind, please be sure to follow the house rules below:
- Be nice. Treat your fellow members with the respect they all deserve.
- Stay on topic. If you are replying to someone, be sure that your reply is about that (or a similar) topic.
- Be honest. Don't post the work of others and give credit where credit is due.
- Be legal. Don't encourage or discuss illegal activity or things that violate the Slingbox End User License Agreement.
- Don't speculate. Discussing unannounced Sling Media products, policies, or procedures is not appropriate.
I think the last one will stop the Moderators answering your question.
The web cast mostly seemed to consist of mutual backslapping between the host and the bloke from Sling, with very little useful information coming out of it, IMO.
A number of people tried to ask some Qs about some of the issues that are bothering people, myself included, but mostly they weren't answered - though to be fair, they couldn't deal with every request as it probably wasn't the right forum (although given the amount of stuff that gets ignored on these forums, and how generally useless support are when you actually talk to them, I'm not sure if there actually is a 'right' forum).
My hope is that even if Sling do not reply much on here that they are reading it and taking the feedback into account for future updates.
Certainly bringing back some of the more advanced functionality of the older boxes (manual IPs, ports, etc) would be of use to some people - what happens if someone buys a 350/500 and then later on their ISP or work or whatever blocks port 5201.....they'd be up that there creek.