6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 3:20 PM by ACC24902 RSS

admin password incorrect

kacka2033

Recently updated to the newest version on my iPhone.  Logged in to my account now asking for an admin password.  Never had this before.  States that it is incorrect.  Anyone else having this problem?

• Re: admin password incorrect
          MickSpag

Yes, mine started yesterday and can't figure out what the heck is going on.

kacka2033

This is what I did to make it work. There might be other methods but this is what i did...

1-     Get on the original computer that you set the sling box up with when you first used it.

2-     Go to slingbox.com and go through the same steps as you did the first time setting it up. I reset my box and started fresh.

Thats it let me know if you have any questions.

ACC24902

I don't have the computer used to originally set-up the slingbox.  How else can i reset my admin passord?

kacka2033

I don't think you need the original computer. I was explaining what I did to get it working. You obviously internet access... Go to your sling account. See if theres any updates. If that doesn't work... Reinstall your box just like you did the very first time. Thats what i did for the most part. Let me know if that helps. If not i will go back and record what i did step by step.

ACC24902

I just found out my parents got a new router.  I saw the Slingbox needed the new IP address so we reset the box and I tried to watch TV online and it asked me to add a remote control because it was missing.  I was able to find the controller however when I tried to save the controller setup I got a message that it wasn't able to connect.  Do I need to add a controller from the home network?  I can only watch Live TV and not Setup Internet Viewing?

I appreciate any help that can be provied.