3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 3:12 PM by mrslingbox RSS

How to use the USB port?

mrslingbox Newbie

I can't find any documentaion on how to use the USB port. I've tried attaching a Mac configured USB hard disk as well as a Windows configured USB hard disk but the HDD don't seem to show up anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: How to use the USB port?
          keith.sling Apprentice

Hey mrslingbox,

Sorry to hear your having an issue connecting to the usb port on the Slingbox. The usb port is intended to be used in conjunction with the new My Media feature of the Slingbox 500. Here is a link to an article which explains how to use this new feature:

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team

mrslingbox Newbie

Thanks for the reply but that link is useless. Apparently, My Media only supports photos. A feature/benefit (like digital media) should not be "sold" to the public unless it actually works. Someone should put a big sign at the top of that page saying:

"MY MEDIA ONLY WORKS WITH PHOTOS. WE DO NOT KNOW WHEN THIS WILL WORK WITH DIGITAL MEDIA OR WHAT TYPE OF DIGITAL MEDIA WILL BE SUPPORTED. FOR NOW, DIGITAL MEDIA SUPPORT IS VAPOR WARE."

keith.sling Apprentice

Hello mrslingbox,

I certainly understand where you're coming from, and understand your frustration. There definitely will be some software updates in the near future just for the expansion of this feature and its capabilities. Our engineering teams are working on the updates to enable the full scope of the My Media feature which will support videos.

Thanks again for your continued participation in our forum community!

Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team