8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 4:50 PM by keith.sling Branched to a new discussion. RSS

SlingCatcher 'may' work with 350/500 article

OvCollyer Apprentice

Noticed this went up recently:

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000517.html

What does it mean? I've tried connecting to a new 350 with a SlingCatcher and it asks for a password.

I managed to get the guest password for my 350 and while this worked, it then froze 'Starting' the stream and put the 350 out of action for a few minutes.

So what is meant by 'may' work in the article - is there some kind of magic trick involved? Or don't Sling know whether it will work or not?

I don't understand the purpose of this article.

• Re: SlingCatcher 'may' work with 350/500 article
          alanrichey42 Master

I agree, what a ridiculous article. 

Moderators:  What were you thinking putting an article like that up ?  If it 'may' work then tell us how to try it.  Otherwise take the article down, it serves absolutely no purpose.

• Re: SlingCatcher 'may' work with 350/500 article
            keith.sling Apprentice

Hello OvCollyer, alanrichey42 & tcaradonna,

I'm sorry about any disconcertion caused by the release of this article or its content. We mainly released it to let everyone know that the 350 and 500 were not designed for use with the SlingCatcher and there are no plans for any updates or development for use with the SlingCatcher.

The may mentioned in this article is just referring to the fact that we have not tested it, so it may or may not work but is not something that we support. I do apologize for any inconvenience or confusion here.

Additionally, we do welcome and encourage enhancement requests and product feedback, you can post requests and/or product feedback here:

Hope this clarifies everything for you!

Thanks for your support and continued participation in our online forum community,

The Sling Moderation Team