2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 2:18 PM by mmalter RSS

Get Audio But Not Video with Component Cables

mmalter

I get perfect video and audio through my TV, but only audio and no video on my iPad or computer with either the Chrome or IE browsers.  I've opened all ports for the slingbox-500 so I don't think it is a port issue.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Mike

• Re: Get Audio But Not Video with Component Cables
          shaysfn Novice

Hey mmalter,

I was really confused when this happened to me too.  The good thing is, it doesn't have anything to do with your ports.

I have an article that explains exactly what is happening.

Hope this helps, and have a great day.

Thanks,

Sling Media Moderation Team

• Re: Get Audio But Not Video with Component Cables
            mmalter

Thought I would answer my own question, since it was me that was the cause.

The bottom line is that the colors in the component cable must line up exactly to get video in any apps and in my case the cables from TiVo output did not match to the slingbox input, a pair of the colors was swapped around.  However, if you align them to your tv just like you have them going in, you will get video in your TV.

My issue was that one of the cable going out to my tv was not pushed all the way in and I thought that it had to do with the alignment so I swapped a pair of the output to my tv and then did the same to the input to the slingbox.  And it worked, but only to my TV.  You have to align the colors exactly going out from your DVR into the slingbox.  Bring a flashlight if your room is dim where you are as the green and blue can look the same in dim light.

After making sure the colors were aligned exactly from my TiVo to the slingbox I get video.

Mike