11 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2013 3:12 PM by bdogg82 RSS

audio on SB350

schindt Newbie

Getting bad audio on my 350, what can I do to improve the quality?

• Re: audio on SB350
          AndyK Newbie

HQ or SQ ?

PC, Mac, Tablet ?

If its HQ only I've had the problem for ages with my HD-Pro, Sling Media seem not to care about the issue even after reporting it several times.

shaysfn Novice

Hey schindt,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I understand that your having an issue with your Slingbox 350 and the audio quality.

I do have an article for you that should provide you with the information that you need.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team

ekbsrk Newbie

Sling, is there any possibility for an upgrade to the audio?

schindt Newbie

Bitrates could be limited by the hardware, but Sling is making a secret about that.

128 Kbps would be fair, but actually Sling should make it possible to set the bitrates for audio/video manually like with the old desktop Slingplayer.

dvboy

OK....In my case it ended up being a faulty Slingbox,got a new one now and the audio is MUCH better,no complaints.Wasn't looking for audiophile quality,just wanted to make out the words

bdogg82

I would be happy to get any audio whatsoever on my SB350, pristine video but no discernable audio only garbled static at a low volume. I have replaced the cables, my cable box/dvr and after a fair amount of pressing the issue with Slingbox management even the actual SB350 itself. Nothing has worked, initially the unit would provide audio for a couple of weeks and then nothing, either on iphone or ipad slingplayer apps or on my desktop itself. Is there no one else having this issue? 

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello bdogg82,

Thank you for posting in answers.slingbox.com! I'm sorry to hear you are unable to get audio with your Slingbox 500. Does this issue happen on all devices? If it does, than the issue is the audio out port on your set-top box, or the audio IN on your Slingbox. To test this, simply run the component and audio cables directly from the cable box to your TV, completely bypassing the Slingbox. Ensure your TV is set to the component input. If you are getting video and clear audio, the issue is with the audio ports on the Slingbox.

Here is link to an article that provides basic troubleshooting steps for issues with audio:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello bdogg82,

Also, I would like to add that if the issue does end up being the Audio IN on your Slingbox, you could contact Sling Media support by phone and we will set you up with a replacement Slingbox as long as it is within the one-year warranty period.

Here is how you can contact us:

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

bdogg82

It is a Slingbox 350 not the 500, and once again it cannot be the inputs or outputs becuase I have already replaced the cable box from the cable service provider (Motorola 3400) as well as the sligbox 350 itself so it cannot be a hardware issue. House Rules.