11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2012 7:47 PM by RobbieG1977 RSS

Samsung SMT-5320 Remote

RobbieG1977

I am trying tosetup my slingbox so that I can use it.  Well the cablebox that I am using, does not have the correct remote.

"Samsung HD Digital Cable Box"

Please help thanks!

• Re: Samsung SMT-5320 Remote
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

RobbieG1977

Yes sir.  I tried here, google and I still came up empty.  I am beginning to think that this can't be done!

Thanks

alanrichey42 Master

Why ?  we haven't started yet    Try this Custom Remote.

RobbieG1977

Tried the upload thing and both files did not work!

alanrichey42 Master
                          Tried the upload thing and both files did not work!

Amazing.  The very first lines of the instructions say:

"...IMPORTANT:  If you have any problems PLEASE read ALL of this file before you post a question on the forums.  In particular, if you just reply that 'it doesn't work' you probably wont get any further assistance...."

Did you not read this ?

RobbieG1977

Yes I did.  In fact I went to the site but it said it was unavailable.

The remote is the same as what is used for the Scientic Atlanta 8300 cablebox.

Any other thoughts?

alanrichey42 Master

But what about all the other checks ?  Any error message ? Are the IR Blasters firing................

RobbieG1977

I just bought the IR several months ago but never used it because I didn't need the slingbox.  Now that I am using my slingbox again yes it is the same IR and they are working, at least I think they are anyways.

I installed the Slingplayer.  I got to the screen to add the custom C2010.  I hit the test to power off the deivce.  Did not respond.

1.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Power button ? No, just did not respond!

2.   Did you give the Power command plenty of time to react ?  (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down) Yes waiting 60 seconds.

3.   After completing the setup (regardless of whether the Power button worked) do any of the other buttons work ? None of the buttons worked, but I did try them.

4.   Have you used a Digital Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ?  (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster thorugh the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash)

5.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster ?  On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly. I know this works but can't figure out how to prove it to you as the digitial camera trick wasn't working for me.

6.   Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote ? Yes last time used it was running perfectly.

7.   If nothing works check out http://remotes.slingbox.com where you might be able to build your own remote. Site unavailable!

alanrichey42 Master
                                          4.   Have you used a Digital Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ?  (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster thorugh the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash)

5.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster ?  On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly. I know this works but can't figure out how to prove it to you as the digitial camera trick wasn't working for me.

It's not a trick.  If you aren't seeing a white flash then your IR Blasters aren't working and no remote will work.   Have you reseated them to make sure they are plugged in ?  Have you tried both the blasters (or 4 if you have a Pro-HD) ?