3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 7:17 PM by Ojib RSS

No video, but I do have audio

stuckpipe

I just hooked up my Slingbox  500, tried the HDMI cable on Comcast. Got audio but no video. Went back and connect the composite and audio cables, then re-configured to composite on 8300HD Comcast Box. Indicates no video, but when I switch to Live, there is picture.  Any ideas?

• Re: No video, but I do have audio
          jesse.sling Novice

Hey stuckpipe,

It sounds like this may be a problem with HDCP which is a content protection that can sometimes disable either audio or video. Sometimes it can shut down both audio and video. In this instance, you would want to also attach your component cables. (red, blue, green) Once you have these configured, check to see if you get both audio and video. Here is an article that may help. Watch on Slingbox.com plays audio but no video. I hope this helps!

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team

stuckpipe

Thanks, I went back an took another look. To actually get it to work, I had to have the hdmi cables in place, reconnected the RBG(3 wires), the red and white for audio and then the older legacy yellow cable for video. For some unknown reason, I was not able to RBG to see a video feed. I am not sure if the Explorer 8300HD is even putting out a signal. For now I at least have a picture and I will experiment later.  For me it kind of disapointing to spend this money on Slingbox 500 and not have a way to bypass HDCP issue. Thanks again.

Ojib

I had the same issue with my explorer 8300 HD what I did I disconnected all HDMI cables and went RGB only but for my sound I used digital audio cable and connected it from DVR box to my sound system receiver and the sound is way lot better . Even though the video is connected RGB instead of HDMI the video is quite good almost as good as HDMI .I to was disappointed that these DVR boxes from Time Warner and I guess Comcast can not do HDMI and RGB at the same time. I also did some sound adjustment with the tv and receiver . Hope this little bit of what I did helps