3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 11:39 AM by jesse.sling RSS

Please comment here if you're running 1080p into the 350

lolento Newbie

Hello,

I was wondering if I am the only person not able to run 1080p component into the Slingbox 350.

I ended up trying 3 different 350s and every single one crashes when I input a 1080p component signal into it.

Meanwhile, Slingbox 500 can handle the 1080p component signal without any issue.

I had been looking at the 350 specfication page and no where does it say that it can only handle up to 1080i signal.  In fact, it says it can take sources up to 1080p (whatever that means....upconversion?)...THIS IS VERY MISLEADING

So I'm asking anyone who owns a 350 to comment here, thanks!

• Re: Please comment here if you're running 1080p into the 350
          jesse.sling Novice

Hey lolento,

Are you using an HDMI cable from your cable box to your TV? I was able to verify that the 350 does process up to 1080p. I actually tested it with a 1080p source using component cables as well. If you are using HDMI, it may be a form of HDCP which is a copyright protection that can sometimes disable HD channels and programs. What do you mean by crashing? Is it freezing? Is it disconnecting the Slingbox? Is it going to a black screen? I hope some of this information is helpful.

lolento Newbie

Hello,

Sorry, are you referring to the 350 or the 500?  The 350 doesn't have an HDMI connection so obviously I was using component cable.

When I said crashing, on the web player, it would say your slingbox is rebooting.  This happens every time I start a stream on the 350 with 1080p source.

On the 500, this is fine.

So I am confused as to whether you are referring to the 500 or 350.  Again, 350 does not have any HDMI connection.  Furthermore, HDCP is removed on my source so don't worry about that.

Thanks,

jesse.sling Novice

Hey again lolento,

Thanks for your quick response! When I asked about the HDMI, I was referring to your cable box. Sometimes people have an HDMI cable going from their cable box to their TV. Then they have component typically going from the cable box to their Slingbox. This can still cause the HDCP issue. It sounds like your issue may need to be directly looked at by a technician. I recommend contacting us so we can further troubleshoot the issue.