11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 11:03 AM by Anniel RSS

Slingbox Connection

Anniel Newbie

When I was overseas I was able to watch my Sky programmes using my slingbox. I have come home for a few weeks and decided to try out the Slingbox here.

I am unable to connect to the slingbox.

The message is that Error 0x8007274c or on another computer it came up with error 0x8007274d

Context 1

Operation 110

My Slingbox is Slingbox Pro.

As I have it set for remote viewing, is this why I cannot access the box in UK.?

My slingbox is connected to my TV in the living room and my Router, which is a Sagem, spupplied by Sky is in another room, I have two Slinglink turbos, one is situated close to the sling box and the other is in the room close to the router.

I use a Windows Firewall and it allows the following:

SlingAgentApplicationUI.exw

SlingAgentInvoker.exe

You can tell I am not a techie person, but I would appreciate somwe advice from you experienced users. Please ask for any further information you need to make a diagnosis.

TIA

Ann

• Re: Slingbox Connection
          shaysfn Novice

Hey Anniel,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum.  I understand that your having some trouble viewing your Slingbox. 

I would recommend that you go to setup.slingbox.com and try configuring the Slingbox again.  It sounds like something did not complete in the setup.

You will want to do this from the Slingbox location on a computer that is on the same network as the Slingbox.

I would recommend making sure that you complete the internet viewing part especially.

The above link explains how to get in touch with our support anywhere in the world.  In the UK you would call (020) 7294 0157, their hours of operation are 9am to 8pm gmt Monday thru Friday.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Moderation Team

Anniel Newbie

I followed the advice given and did the set up...at least a friend helped me to do so. I still have a problem because I cannot make the on screen remote control work.

if I press "planner" the remote does not respond.In fact I cannot control anything with the screen remote.

My source is a Sky HD box and I am wondering if my Slingbox Pro will work with it.

These are the details for my Sky HD Box

Model Number: R005.053.70.11P

Version Number 4f310a

Manufacturer: Sky

Receiver ID: 3 2BC556313

When we did the power test, when the power button was selected on my laptop screen, it greyed out momentarily but then reverted.

My friend is wondering if we have not inserted the correct Sky HD box details.

I just think that we should not have to spend hours trying to get the Slingbox to work.

Is this a Sky HD box problem?

Will I need to buy a more up to date Slingbox?

Please help as i am getting desperate as I leave for the Caribbean in 2 weeks!

I look forward to your advice.

Ann

Anniel Newbie

I tried all the advice but now we have tested the emmiters using a digital  camera and pressing the power button in set up assistant ( two of us working)

The emitters are not working.

What can be done now? we have the picture on the laptop but we cannot use the on screen remote.

should I buy new emitters. or is there something else to try.

Spoke to son in the Caribbean and like me he can see the picture, but cannot control using the on screen remote.

Would appeciate some help as I leave UK in two weeks.

Anniel

shaysfn Novice

Hey Anniel,

I'm glad that you were able to find the problem.  You can order a set of replacement IR blasters, I am including the link for you.

Hope this helps and have a safe trip.

Thanks,

Sling Media Moderation Team

Anniel Newbie

Can I buy the emitters in UK?

shaysfn Novice

Hey Anniel,

Good to hear from you.  Here is the link to the UK page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Media Moderation Team

Anniel Newbie

I am now at my wits end. Ordered and received new IR Blasters. My friend did the camera test on the new ones.....no result. Have I wasted my money on these?

I now need to ask some specific questions.

I have the Slingbox Pro. Am I wasting my time trying to get the remote working on this old model? Should I just throw it out as we are spending hours on what should be a simple task and cannot get anything to work. So frustrating to see the Sky picture on TV screen but being unable to control the remote.

My friend says the IR blaster will not work until we have the set up configuration working properly.

Is he right about this?

We have tried every reference to the set top box which is a Sky+ HD

I rang Sky and although on the Sky box the manufacturer is shown as Sky, when I rang them I was told that the manufacturer is definitely an Amstrad

DRX 890.

Amstrad DRX 890 is not on the list given, so on Alan's advice I tried other Amstrad models in the set up. None worked. I tried all Sky combinations, but none of those worked either.

I decided I should ring the very expensive technical help number, but the only number I could find was in the USA. I could not find a number in Europe.

I would be so grateful if someone could tell me the truth about the age of the slingbox (purchased in 2010) and if I am wasting my time trying to get the system to work and if I should ring the technical help number....is there one for UK or Europe.

Please help a very upset old woman!!

Ann

OvCollyer Apprentice

Like you, I have a Sky+ HD box which is labelled as 'Sky' on the front (ie not Pace, or Amstrad or anyone).

When choosing the remote during Slingbox setup there is a manufacturer 'Sky' and a Sky+ HD model listed - this one should work.

However it sounds like you've tried that one?

I know this works with a Slingbox Pro-HD and I would have though it would work with the Slingbox Pro (indeed you said this was working previously?) so I wonder if your box has become faulty and maybe it's no longer outputting any IR signal or something?

Have you tried a full reset of the Slingbox Pro to factory settings?

shaysfn Novice

Hey Anniel,

Hello again.  I do apologize for your frustrationg and the fact that replacing your IR blasters did no appear to fix the issue.  Your friend is correct

about the IR blasters not working until you find a remote that will work.  You will see the light flash when you are at the computer and using the buttons

on the virtual remote, then someone else would need to be doing the camera test on the IR blasters.  There may be something wrong with your Slingbox PRO, I would recommend that you contact UK support.

I have a link for you on how to contact Sling Media Support.

Since you are in the UK, you would simply dial (020) 7294 0157, their hours of operation are Monday thru Friday from 9am to 8pm gmt.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sling Media Moderation Team.

Anniel Newbie

I thought I should update my situation re the failure to get my slingbox Pro to connect to the virtual remote.

We rang the UK number and after long/best  efforts to find the correct combination of manufacturer and model of my Sky+ HD box and the subsequent failure of the IR Blaster test, the man from Sling advised us that my Slingbox was no longer working and that I should buy a Slingbox Solo (this was on my query...he was not pushing the Solo!)

I ordered a Solo yesterday from John Lewis and am able to pick it up this pm at my local Waitrose store, which is far more convenient than waiting at home for a delivery.

We will now see if this new device solves my problem and hopefully I will also be able to get the app. on my iPad.

Meanwhile, thanks for your patience and I will tell you how we do with the Solo.

Ann

Anniel Newbie

I said I would update you all. Bought a Slingbox Solo from John Lewis and friend has installed it. All problems solved and everything here is working a treat, even on my iPad!

The remote works a treat on laptop and ipad. No problems with the skybox+ configuration.

i am so pleased and relieved.

Lastly, thank you all for your help with my problems.

Now, should I throw my Slingbox out or is there any use for it?

When I get to St.Lucia I will be back with any problems I have with the Slingcatcher which has never worked satisfactorily.

Ann