13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 7:01 PM by rrchampion RSS

SlingPlayer upgrade for kindle fire hd

Willief

Just purchased sling player for kindle fire hd.  A message pops up, "SlingPlayer for Android is not compatible with your slingbox.  It's asking me to visit slingbox.com to learn about upgrade program. Can't find it online. Please help

• Re: SlingPlayer upgrade for kindle fire hd
          jesse.sling Novice

Hey Willief,

Which Slingbox model do you have? Only the SOLO, PRO-HD, 350, and 500 are compatible with the SlingPlayer. Also, here is where you can check out the new Slingbox Upgrade Program. I hope this helps!

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team

signatures Newbie

just got the new kindle fire hd 8.9  is there no app for that yet?

emilyryan

The good news is that for the first time yesterday, a SlingPlayer for Kindle Fire HD appeared in the Amazon appstore.  The better news is that if you already bought the SlingPlayer for a 1st generation Kindle that you own, you don't have to pay for it again.  The best news is that if you need to buy it, the price is only $14.99.  The bad news .... it doesn't work.  I spent 2 hours on phone to SlingBox support and Amazon support ... it's just not happening yet.  Hopefully they will get it working in a couple od days.

rrchampion

I've been researching this problem for both the KFHD and my iPhone 5 using a

Dish Hopper. I'm pretty sure now and need to confirm that we must have

Dish's Slingbox Adaptor; the apps won't work with my Slingbox Pro HD.

Bob

Reply-To: "slingmedia@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com"

<slingmedia@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com>

Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 06:54:55 -0800

To: Bob Champion <champ@vqme.net>

Subject: Re: - SlingPlayer upgrade for kindle

fire hd

SlingPlayer upgrade for kindle fire hd

reply from emilyryan <https://community.sling.com/people/emilyryan>  in

SlingPlayer Installation - View the full discussion

<https://community.sling.com/message/79454#79454>

The good news is that for the first time yesterday, a SlingPlayer for Kindle

Fire HD appeared in the Amazon appstore.  The better news is that if you

already bought the SlingPlayer for a 1st generation Kindle that you own, you

don't have to pay for it again.  The best news is that if you need to buy

it, the price is only $14.99.  The bad news .... it doesn't work.  I spent 2

hours on phone to SlingBox support and Amazon support ... it's just not

happening yet.  Hopefully they will get it working in a couple od days.

signatures Newbie

I see now on amazon it says the kindle fir app is compatible with my fire hd 8.9? is that true? is that what you guys tried?

i have direct tv and the solo slingbox...any input appreciated. thanks

djryan1194

It doesn't work on mine.  It says it is downloadable, but when I downloaded it - it says it is not supported on my device.

craig.sling Novice

Hello djryan1194,

I am happy that you are posting here on the answer forum. A updated version (2.0.2) had been released and it works correctly on the Kindle Fire HD. If you are not running the newest version please go to the app store or the link below to get that unit up and running for your Kindle Fire HD.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team

ry6VhEs7v9

On my razr maxx i GET stereo sound, but in the Kindle Fire HD app, that was the main issue. NO STEREO SOUND, JUST THE LEFT SPEAKER!!This was no help at all. Somebody fix this app that cost money to purchase, and have it work right. TYVM

rrchampion

It’s important to distinguish between a SlingPlayer app for the KFHD when you have a Slingbox versus when you have a Dish Hopper and Sling ADAPTOR! The bad news is that the Amazon KFHD ”Slingplayer” app DOES NOT WORK with the new Dish Hopper system. And, the Slingboxes don't work either. But, there is good news.

I have the Dish Hopper with the Sling Adaptor and have the free DISH Anywhere app on my KFHD (check it out in Google Play). It is available for "side loading," which is quite easy to do, at the Android Cowboy website. You’ll find the app and instructions by clicking on the (very small!) APK Files at the very top of his webpage.

Look down in his "Other Apps" section and click on "Dish Anywhere" to download the app to your computer (Arash got the app at my request). You’ll also need the free Android File Transfer app. Here's how:

1. Download the Android File Transfer app (search for it);
                                        2. Install the application. (Go to wherever it was you saved the app and double-click it. Drag the installer file into your Applications folder.)
                                        3. Plug in your KFHD to your computer. The Android File Transfer App should automatically launch if it's not already running. You'll now see the folders and files in a window.
                                        4. Drag DISH Anywhere into a folder in that window (I use the Downloads folder, but any will work).
                                        5. If you don't have one, you will need one of the free File Managers on your KFHD; I use both ES File Explorer and Fo file manager. Either one works fine.
                                        6. When you click on the DISH Anywhere app in the folder on your KFHD, it will ask if you want to install it. Do so and enjoy!

Let me know if you run into any dead ends; Arash has an excellent explanation on how to do all of this.

Good luck, and enjoy your new Dish viewing on your KFHD