9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2013 7:54 AM by addyrevet RSS

No full screen displaying

ACC141543

Hi,

i use my Sling HD in Germany to show here in FL german tv for my old parents. Because it is a older tv set in a vacation home i have to use the component chinch cable from WD TV to the tv set.

My question:

is there a way to use the zoom to full tv screen to diplay the content from the sling box coming. Because it looks like it uses only 2/3 of the screen ar framed black. As you can see the menue is full screen the movie is squeezed. Sorry about the poor picture quallity.

Thank you for any help soon because i have to leave FL in soon.

Thomas

IMG_2600.jpgIMG_2602.jpg

• Re: No full screen displaying
          Apprentice

Hello ACC141543,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the forums! With zoom settings this can depend on the cable box settings, as well as the TV settings. The WD TV does allow you to set the aspect ratio through the menu option (If you search the User Manual for WDTV, it will show how to do so). Sometimes if the zoom settings are set to something specific through the cable box or TV it will interfere with the WD TV settings, so you may need to change them.

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

The Sling Moderation Team

ajmasuda

The response from the Moderation Team is unclear to me. .

I have the save issue usingSlingbox PRO-HD and Slingbox 350.

From a PC, "Zoom" option is available next to "Aspect" option.

From Western Digital TV, though, the Zoom option is missing even though the Aspect option is there.

I do not know if the option comes from Slingbox or the code in WDTV, so I have also submitted the same question there.

craig.sling Novice

Hello acc141542,

Welcome to the answer forum I hope that I can help you with you issue today. I have a few articles that I think might help explain what is going on a little better.

Hope these help,

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team

ajmasuda

The reply provided has the correct idea, but it does not provide the solution.

Looking at the original question again, yes, the problem is the wrong aspect ratio based on the screen capture.

The answers provided, however, does not show how to change the aspect ratio on WD TV. The answers have keyboard answers, but WD TV does not have a keyboard.

If I remember correctly, scroll down on TV screen while watching the program, then click on what looks like a TV screen with arrows pointing left and right. That is the aspect control to expand it.

This brings up another issue though. Why does HD SlingBox default to SD aspect ratio? That is a bad usability default.

SD default is fine on obviously ok on older SD box (it is the only choice, afterall), but not on HD.

In any case, although the aspect option is there, the zoom option is still missing when using embeded slingplayer on WD TV.

addyrevet

I'm having the same problem. In the PC player the SD format pops up initially as well, ("Windowbox" http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000014.html) but there's an option to zoom (as you can see in the attached image). In the WDTV Slingplayer this option to zoom is not available, so there's no way to change to full screen viewing, which is pretty annoying.

I suppose this could easily be built in to the WDTV Slingplayer software, so that full screen watching is also available in the WDTV Slingplayer.
                  I hope to see the updated firmware soon!

addyrevet

On the WDTV Play, that is...

daugustus5150 Newbie

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for using our Answers Forum! If you are having trouble getting the full video display to show on the WDTV, I know of an article that explains all of the functions of Slingplayer for Connected Devices.

SlingPlayer for Connected Devices - Main controls

Hope this helps,

The Slingbox Moderation Team

addyrevet

Unfortunately, no. There is no 'zoom' Option available in the wdtv play slingbox app. I've tried with several slingboxes, connected directly via coax or top set box, but it simply isnt there. It is available in the pc webbrowser slingplayer, so all I can imagine, is that the zoom function simply isnt built in to the wdtv play software. For example, the slingplayer app for iPhone, iPad and Kindle fire do have this option. Is it possible to build the zoom function into the wdtv play app? Or is that a job for the guys at wdtv?

addyrevet

Unfortunately, no. There is no 'zoom' Option available in the wdtv play slingbox app. I've tried with several slingboxes, connected directly via coax or top set box, but it simply isnt there. It is available in the pc webbrowser slingplayer, so all I can imagine, is that the zoom function simply isnt built in to the wdtv play software