1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 6, 2013 10:57 AM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Slingbox PRO-HD Freezing after a few seconds on desktops.

Hi all,

I've had my Slingbox for about 6months now and have had little to no issues with it until recently. 

Whenever I've tried to use my Slingbox on a computer the video seems to freeze but I can still hear the audio.  The remote is still working though (clicking Live TV when watching a DVR show I can hear the audio has changed).  After this freeze happens and I try to reload the website to watch again it can not get a video signal at all. 

Where this is weird is that when I use the Slingplayer app on my Ipad I have 0 issues.

Problem devices:

OS

Mac OSX and PC Win 7

Brosers tested:

Safari

Chrome

Firefox

IE

Additional problem apps:

Facebook via Firefox

• Re: Slingbox PRO-HD Freezing after a few seconds on desktops.
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello 255909761359600,

Thank you for using our answers forum! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing video quality issues with your Slingbox PRO-HD. You provided quite a bit of very helpful information and I thank you for that! I understand this does not happen when connecting from your iPad. Is this issue happening on your computer when connecting remotely? Or does it have the same issue when connecting on the same network as the Slingbox? You can go to speedtest.net from your PC and it will tell you how much bandwidth you are getting for upload/download speed. If you are getting anything below the minimum bandwidth requirements, that is most likely what is causing the issue. Below is a link that will tell you the minimum bandwidth requirements for the Slingbox PRO-HD.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team