3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 10:22 AM by archie.sling RSS

I just installed a slingbox 500

alteague

I previously had a HD PRO with no problems same setup. The problem I'm having is that I can receive my Directv on my ipad & iphone, but I can not receive anything on my desktop.

The slingbox is downstairs and is connected with my wireless router by Netgear 500AV units. The error message reads:local network not available.

This device is not supported by setup assistant.I believe the router and slingbox must be communicating because of the ipad & iphone receptions.

Anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

Thanks.

Lee

• Re: I just installed a slingbox 500
          Apprentice

Hello alteague,

That's an interesting question. To better assist you, I would need some further information:

• What Operating System are you accessing the Slingbox from? (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari)
          • What browsers have you tried to connect with?
          • Did you set up the WiFi connection through the on screen setup?

Thank you,

The Sling Moderation Team

alteague

Dear Sir:

VISTA Build 6002

Intel P3 2666 Quad 4GB

Firefox 15.0

I set everything up from the slingbox thru the TV. I am not using it wireless, but with the ethernet connection the same as I used with the HD Pro.

I also have a sling catcher that will not work any more. Probably the same problem. The router is a ASUS dark knight.

UPDATE: 11/04/12

I went into the sling box 500 setup again and changed to the wireless connection. Unfortunately; it did not make any difference. I can still receive directv/

sling box signal on my ipad and iphone5, but not on my desktop.I uninstalled the sling player and reinstalled it. No help. Since this is a new product, recently purchased, would it help if I got on the phone with your tech support people? I have Norton installed, but it never bothered my sling box HD Pro. Your sage advice please.

Apprentice

Hello alteague,

Thank you for the response! The SlingCatcher is not compatible with the Slingbox 350 or Slingbox 500. You can still use it with the older models though.

In regards to the issue that you are having on the desktop, here's a couple things you can try:

• Try another browser (i.e. Safari, Google Chrome)
                  • Try another computer, if possible
                  • Try disabling the anti virus (Your Norton Anti Virus)
                  • Check Firewall settings on the PC

Let me know if the same problem persists.

Thank you,

The Sling Moderation Team