33 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 2:08 PM by simplyaddo RSS

Cannot for IR codes for Technosat receiver

simplyaddo Newbie

Hi folks,

I have a satellite receiver with the brand name "Technosat". It is a UAE based company that produces receivers. I have connected my Slingbox SOLO to it and the video and audio feeds are working fine. However, for the life of me, I am unable to find a matching IR code so I can get a working remote control. Can someone please help.

Thanks a lot for your time.

• Re: Cannot for IR codes for Technosat receiver
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

simplyaddo Newbie

Hi Al,

Thank you for your kind response. Before I posted on the forum, I frantically searched on JP1 and the Sling forums for a custom remote for the Technosat. Infact, I even tried a couple of the remotes on JP1 that had names starting with 'Techno', but with no such luck. I even tried random SAT receiver remotes (from the Sling setup). The closest luck I had was one that had some keys working, but with different functionality. Such as, the arrow up key would power up the receiver; or the info key would change to channel 4, etc.

For the record, the IR blaster works fine as I tested it using the camera trick.

Your help will be immensely appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your time.

simplyaddo Newbie

Hi there,

My apologies for not mentioning the model number. The model number is BD-888 HD. It seems not to be listed on Technosat's website I think because it is customized for one (major) retailer in the middle east to sell.

When I (randomly) tried IR code for Viewsat VS2000 some keys (wrongly worked). Such as, the '7' key would 'Pause' the stream. Or pressing the UP arrow would toggle the power.

Hope that makes things clearer.

Again, thanks a lot!

alanrichey42 Master

OK, couldn't find the BD-888 but I did find a T-888.  Let's try that first and hope they use the same codes.

simplyaddo Newbie

Hi Al,

Thanks again for your help. I've tried the code you've attached and tested the custom remote, however, it was no go. I've tried several keys beside the power to key to rule out all possibilities. Yet, it doesn't work.

Would you kindly have another suggestion I could try?

Thanks so much!

alanrichey42 Master

I'll have a try with the Viewsat VS2000, back later

alanrichey42 Master

Try this Custom Remote Humax CXHD-3000T  It uses the same underlying protocol as the Viewsat VS200 so might give us a clue.

simplyaddo Newbie

Hi Al,

Thanks for your reply again. I tried the Humax just now and it seems to be a no go as well. Strangely, none of the keys caused any action to happen on my receiver end.

As a side note, the file names of the previous 2 custom remotes were the same (S2010), is that strange or is that standard?

Once again, thanks so much for your time.

alanrichey42 Master
                                      Thanks for your reply again. I tried the Humax just now and it seems to be a no go as well. Strangely, none of the keys caused any action to happen on my receiver end.

Pity.   How did you select the Viewsat that you said worked partially ?   If I can install it on my Slingbox I can analyse the code.

As a side note, the file names of the previous 2 custom remotes were the same (S2010), is that strange or is that standard?

0-1999 are fixed for specific devices, 2000-2046 are available for Custom Remotes.  I just picked 2010 as my personal 'handle' so I would know if I had built them

simplyaddo Newbie

Haha, cool idea on the 2010

As for the Viewsat, I chose it from the Manufacturer's list under satellite receivers. I am attaching a screen shot.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I installed the ViewSat on my Slingbox and conformed it does use the same codes as the Humax Box, so I am not sure why you didn't get any reaction from that Remote.   I've attached some newly created BIN files using the Viewsat Codes.   Try these.   Make DOUBLY sure you have deleted the original S2010 BIN files from the \SBAV\ folder before you add these in there and run the setup routine.

simplyaddo Newbie

Thanks for your support Al.

As you suggested, I've deleted the previous files and used the last set of BINs. The good news is that like the Viewsat, some of the codes are working. However, like the viewsat, they are all over the place The right arrow mutes the sound, the UP arrow toggles the power, the Page - key brings up the info on the channel, etc.

I am hoping this is some sort of progress? I apologize if I am taking up so much of your time. I would like you to know that I truly appreciate it.

alanrichey42 Master

Good, we are well over half way there   Let me explain what is happening.   When a remote sends out the 1s & 0s of an IR stream they use a specific protocol.  There are dozens of these depending on the manufacturer.   Within the signal is a specific device code, so that only the correct device reacts to the IR Signal.  Finally there is a code to represent the button.

What we have accomplished is to prove that the system uses the 'NEC' protocol and that the device code is 68.155.   So now all we need to do is figure out the code for each button, which is simply a value between 0-254.   So we just resort to trial and error

So first, test EVERY single button on the remote, including the 6 Custom Buttons (right-click on the Remote and select Custom), and tell me what effect each button has:   So far you have given me:

Right Arrow = Mute

Up Arrow = Power

Page Down = Info

So please fill in the rest of the buttons that actually have an effect.   And make sure you do the testing in a screen where a button is valid otherwise you might not see the effect (i.e only try a Pause button if it effective in the screen you are looking at).

simplyaddo Newbie

Hi Al,

Thanks for your kind explanation. Remotes are starting to make sense to me . I've fiddled with all the keys I have on the current virtual remote and managed to come up with a decent list. However, there are still things that are missing like digit '4' or things like the directional arrow keys and the system's menu button. Are we lost if none of the current keys was able to map those functions?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rewind button: Info

Pause button: digit '7'

Guide button: digit '6'

Menu button: digit '3'

Info button: Last selected channel

Right Arrow: Mute

Center (OK) key between the arrows: digit '9'

Up key: Power

Channel + key: Something fishy. At first try it seems like it tries to switch the resolution, after which, none of the keys work. Then if I try the same key again it restarts the satellite box.

Exit key: digit '1'

Page + key: Lowers the resoultion

Page - key: Info

Red key: digit '8'

Blue key: Seems like its the 'Exit' function

1 key: Channel UP

2 key: Channel DOWN

3 key: Volume UP

4 key: Volume DOWN

5 key: Toggles between the Radio and TV channels

6 Key: Opens box to choose Sound track

7 key: Pause

8 key: Subtitle

0 key: Favourites (groups) list

Custom10: Toggles between Radio and TV like the 5 key

Custom11: digit '5'

Custom12: digit '2'

Custom13: Program Guide

Custom14: Video Resolution

Custom15: Channel list/OK button (center button between the 4 arrow keys)

alanrichey42 Master

Great stuff, almost 95% there now :-)   New BIN files attached with all those functions correctly mapped (I think).   The '4' button was easy, as Buttons 2 & 3 were Code 18 & Code 19 and the '5' button was Code 21 so it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it was Code 20 

So put those in the \SBAV\ folder and re-run the Video Sources setup to download them to the Slingbox.  Once you have confirmed those, we still have the following buttons to figure out:

1.   The arrow buttons.    Are they by chance co-shared with Channel+/- anf Vol+/- ?  Or are they seperate buttons ?

2.   The transport buttons:  You mentioned Pause, do you also have Play/Rewind/Fast Forward/Stop /Record ?

3.   A Menu button ?

4.   Any colour buttons ?

5.   Non-standard functions we have proved are as follows:

Custom10    Fav
                                                              Custom11    TV/Radio
                                                              Custom12    Resolution
                                                              Custom13    Subtitles
                                                              Custom14    Aspect
                                                              Custom15    Audio
                                                              Custom16    Video resolution

Are they any more we need to look for ?

Al

alanrichey42 Master

Forgot we also need to find the number '0'

simplyaddo Newbie

Hi Al,

Thanks for your respose I downloaded the 2 files onto SBAV and setup the Sling as usual, however, for some strange reason, none of the keys are responding to the new remote :-/ Not sure why.

About the arrow keys, you were right, they are shared with the channel and volume keys hehe. I'm attaching a picture of the actual remote as a reference, it might be of help

Thanks a lot, again

alanrichey42 Master

Probably my fault.  I am building about 10 Remotes at the moment, probably sent the wrong files.   Are these any better ?

Thanks for the picture, makes life easier.  But you need to tell me what the logos are for some of the buttons:  Here are my guesses

A/R      Aspect Ratio ?

Button to left of Zero :  Skip Back ?

The 4 buttons underneath:    Audio ?   Teletext ?  Subtitle ? Timer ?

The 4 colour buttons:    PIP ? , Add BookMark ?,   Get BookMark ?,  OK ?

The 2 buttons to the right of the Stop Button:    Slow ?    No idea ?

Bottom left button:   Aspect ?

simplyaddo Newbie

Hi Al,

Sorry for the delayed response. I've installed the last files and I'm happy to report that things are starting to look up, thanks to u

Regarding the other buttons:

A/R = yep, it's Aspect Ratio

Left of Zero: Last channel that was selected

4 buttons: Sound Track Selection - No response - Subtitles - Sleep Timer

4 colored buttons do nothing on their own. However, when I selected the center button (between the arrows) to bring up the Channel list, they have various functions (as shown in the image. The white button for 'option' is the bottom left button that you asked about in the end). Red button is used when I want to return from a 'Favourite List' to 'All Services' (also from the same Channel list but only shows up if I am currently showing a specific Favourites List)

The 2 buttons on the right of Stop dont do much. The first one goes back to play if I pause the stream. Perhaps they are used if I play a recorded media through USB?

Thanks for all your help and I hope I wasn't confusing up there

alanrichey42 Master

Good.  So the functions we are missing are:

0

Menu

Play

Rewind

Fast Forward

Stop

Record

Skip+

Skip-

Sat

Sleep Timer

Red

Green

Yellow

Blue

Option

What we are going to do is a similar exercise to the one you have just gone through.   I have attached 2 new BIN files, code as C2012 so we don't confuse them with the 'proper' C2010.   So put them in the \SBAV\ folder and re-run the setup routine.  Now, the ONLY button that is mapped correctly is the Power button, so you can make sure we have the right set when you go through the setup again with the new C2012 Custom code.

So then you need to test EVERY button on the Remote, including the 15 Custom 15 buttons (10-19,20-21,27-29)  (right-click on the Remote image) and see which ones 'trigger' any of the above functions.   Obviously there are some, like the Red function, where you need to make sure the TV is a state where the function is relevant and the action can be seen.

These files cover the missing codes from 0-80, so it might take a few more attempts to get all the functions, but we will get ther ein the end

Make sense ?

simplyaddo Newbie

Wow, this is like putting a 100 piece puzzle together. It's exciting how things are falling into place

Here is what I've found with the C2012 codes:

5 key = Menu

Custom 14 = Sleep Timer

2 key = Green Key

1 Key = Red Key

3 key = Yellow Key

4 key = Blue key

Custom 27 = (White) key at the bottom left

Custom 15 = Rewind

Custom 16 = Play

Custom 18 = Fast Forward

Custom 19 = Slow play (Left of the stop button)

Custom 20 = Stop

Custom 21 = Record

Can't wait for the next set. We're so close

I think all that's left now is 0, Sat, the Skip +/- and the button right of Slow Mo play?

alanrichey42 Master

Good stuff.   Slightly worrying we haven't found the zero button yet, I would have expected that to be in the same group of codes as the other numbers.   1-9 use Codes 17-25 in order.  But Code 16 was the Aspect button and you have just shown that Code 26 is the Menu,

I've attached a new set of S2010 BIN files, which incorporate everything we have learned so far,   As you say, it is missing the zero,  Skip+/-. Sat and unknown button

Can you confirm the existing buttons and specifically check that Custom 14 definately changes the Aspect and isn't the zero button ?

And also attached S2013 files, which maps the next set of unused codes, 79-132

Over to you

simplyaddo Newbie

Inch by inch Can't tell you how thankful I am to you and your time . Here are my findings:

S2012:

Custom 14 doesn't respond

White button (bottom left) isn't available - we discovered it as Custom 27 in the previous C2012.. we can map it to the grey/white button next to the blue one in the virtual sling remote

S2013:

Pause button = the unkown key right of Slow key

Guide button = SAT key

Now we're down to the Skip +/- and the 0. Really strange regarding the 0 :-/ hehe