4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 10:47 AM by gordonc RSS

Slingbox Pro HD stops changing chanels

gordonc

My almost new Slingbox Pro HD suddenly stopped changing chanels.  It worked fine all day and suddenly is stuck on one chanel.  Have tried rebooting, tried alternate chanel changing methods.  I am away from home for a long time, so would welcome any ideas.  I willhava  friend go into the house if need be, but would like to provide him a definite course of action.  It is possible that the IR sensor slsipped out of place.  It is also possible that the new slongbox just decided to torture me.  The provious one only lasted 3 months, so am not optomistic.

• Re: Slingbox Pro HD stops changing chanels
          Apprentice

Hello gordonc,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with changing your channels while away from home. Below are informational links that provide key troubleshooting steps to help resolve your issue:

Hope this helps!

The Sling Moderation Team

gordonc

Archie,   Thank you, I guess all of this needs to be done at the house, when I can get someone to go there.  Is there a commerical number I can call for support if I run into further issues?  I cannot use the 877 number from my current location, but could pay for a call to a commercial number.                   Gordon Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:07:32 -0700

To: gordoncandsusanz@msn.com

Subject: Re: - Slingbox Pro HD stops changing chanels

Slingbox Answers Forum

reply from Archie34 in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions - View the full discussion

Hello gordonc, I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with changing your channels while away from home. Below are informational links that provide key troubleshooting steps to help resolve your issue:IR Blaster or Onscreen Remote Control Troubleshooting Basics

Advanced IR Emitter or Onscreen Remote Control Troubleshooting

Hope this helps!  The Sling Moderation Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions at Slingbox Answers Forum

gordonc

I am going to have somebody go into the house today to look at the issue.  Is there any way I can get hold of a support person from my home in Mexico during that time?  I tried the chat support and it does not seem to be up.  Your 877 number rejects calls from Mexico, even though I am willing to pay for them.  I need to be in the loop as the person going in has no background about the sling box or how it is set up or how the account is structured.  A commercial number I can pay for a call to would really be helpful.                  Gordon Carson

Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:07:32 -0700

To: gordoncandsusanz@msn.com

Subject: Re: - Slingbox Pro HD stops changing chanels

Slingbox Answers Forum

reply from Archie34 in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions - View the full discussion

Hello gordonc, I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with changing your channels while away from home. Below are informational links that provide key troubleshooting steps to help resolve your issue:IR Blaster or Onscreen Remote Control Troubleshooting Basics

Advanced IR Emitter or Onscreen Remote Control Troubleshooting

Hope this helps!  The Sling Moderation Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions at Slingbox Answers Forum