2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 3:27 PM by Skyballdan RSS

Streaming from one room to another?

Skyballdan

My main reason for purchasing the SB500 is to stream video from one TV (Time Warner DVR) over to the one

(LG -3D- WIFI) (TV has browser, limited flash capabilities) - (Playstation3 browser w/full flash capabilities via WIFI) in the livingroom.
      I am wondering if the TV via WiFi or PS3 would shake hands with it..

I cant seem to find any documentation on whether this can be done without purchasing any other device (boxee, etc) for the
      livingroom set. Plus, is there a chance that particular stream would be 1080p? I'm glad I researched and found out
      about HDCP before I bought, that would have bummed me out like other folks that didn't know HDMI will be limited.
      I seems to me streaming in the network might be possible in 1080p somehow..

Thanks in advance...

• Re: Streaming from one room to another?
          Apprentice

Hello Skyballdan,

That is not only a great question, but a common question as well. Currently the Playstation 3 is not supported as a connected device. Check out the link below for our currently supported connected devices:

Hope this helps!

The Sling Moderation Team

• Re: Streaming from one room to another?
              Skyballdan

Archie34,

Thanks for the reply..

So, its clear now, I have to get a Boxee or similar to connect my second TV.

I already have 2 smart TV's, so much of the Boxee functionality would not be needed, its like

throwing money out the window, in my case anyway..It seems like there should be a better way..

Isnt the interface required similar on the PS2/Xbox?

Seems like its custom made for this type of application.

If you ever get PS2/Xbox as supported connected devices, you guys would rule the wireless kingdom......

I'm not sure what I am going to do, now that I have to spend the additional money just for the in house set up.