I understand that Slingbox wants to provide personalized service to its customers, but that only works if/when the customer is able to get through to a representative.
I travel extensively, and I have a Slingbox set up so I can watch programs while I am on the road. Currently, I am in a country that has a 15 hour time difference to PST. This means 2 things:
1) The open Call-In times are 10PM to 10 AM my local time
2) The "Toll Free Number" is NOT toll free
I also work throughout the day, so I do not have a lot of time to spend waiting on the phone/computer for a live person. In the past 2 weeks I have been trying to contact Slingbox about a return, here are my experiences:
1) No E-mail option, so I use the online chat feature (Chat in attached).
- 8:38 AM Connecting
- 8:38 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
Estimate: 10 Minutes
- 9 minutes later: Estimate: Less than 1 minute
- 9:08 PM Support session established with .... (Note 20 minutes later!!!)
- We determine the Slingbox is broken, but need the PS supplier, the rep. opens a Case number and tells me to call 1 877 GO SLING.
- I ask for an e-mail for future communication, but he states "I am not able to use e-mail, sorry"
2) I try to call 1 877 GO SLING,
Try 1: - After 45 minutes of waiting, I am disconnected (I selected Technical Support)
Try 2: (next Day) - After 30 minutes of waiting, I am disconnected (I selected Technical Support)
Try 3: (next Day) - After 30 minutes of waiting, I am disconnected (I selected Technical Support)
Try 4: I try the Online support again, after 50 minutes of waiting, I get the message: "Thank you for Contacting Sling Media, our Chat support has closed for the evening." (Chat in attached)
Try 5: Call again, select Sales, after 20 minutes, I get representative that is able to help me.
It is clear that your customer service is overloaded at times (probably from about 3PM-7PM your time as people get off work), this means that customers are getting frustrated waiting online or on the phone.
I cannot believe a company that offers an internet based service does not have e-mail, so the cost of adding a customer service e-mail shoud be minimal; if you use the same service represenatives you can balance their load by having them supprt the e-mail customer during the lighter call volume hours.
This is a win:win for Sling Media, a happier customer base, and more balance workload for the employees.
October 17 Conversation.pdf 30.3 K