3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 1:54 PM by craig.sling RSS

Does anybody know why only my lower channels - 2-7, 9,11,13,21- fade in and out?

2guard

Since this past Sat. night, only my lower channels fade in and out. Once I'm above channel 21, they all work well. Help! I watch away from home. When I click on the lower channels the streaming bitrate goes down dramatically.

• Re: Does anybody know why only my lower channels - 2-7, 9,11,13,21- fade in and out?
          Apprentice

Hello 2guard,

I'm sorry to hear about your channels fading out. In order to assist you further I do have a couple questions for you:

• How do you have the Slingbox setup?
          • Are you using a regular coaxial cable?
          • Does this also happen on the home network?

Thank you for your time,

The Sling Moderation Team

• Re: Does anybody know why only my lower channels - 2-7, 9,11,13,21- fade in and out?
              2guard

Thanks so much for your interest. My Slingbox is on top of a cablebox in a friend's home in NJ. I'm in Israel. For months it has been working just fine. All of a sudden, starting this past Saturday night, the channels I mentioned are "blinking" - going quite quickly from picture to dark and back, with no sound except for a split second here and there. It is NOT happening on my friend's cable TV. I noticed that when I switch to one of the lower channels, the streaming bitrate decreases very quickly, as much as a 1000kbps or more to approx. 500-800kbps or less. My friend swears that he made no changes or adjustments to the Slingbox or its connections.

I did try today to mess around a bit with the Slingplayer options, but I was unsuccessful. Nor do I really know what I'm doing (I'm a technical ignoramus).