7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 12:18 AM by jwilson03 RSS

Slingbox for tablet will not connect

t-readyroc

While at home, I can connect to my Slingbox both via Slingplayer for Android phone (WiFi) & via Slingplayer for Windows desktop (LAN).  My tablet, however (also WiFi) only briefly attempts to connect before stating thay my Slingbox isn't connected to the Internet.  Thoughts?

• Re: Slingbox for tablet will not connect
          gmoney Newbie

Have you ever setup Port Forwarding?

Perhaps you should try using the Network Setup Assistant to configure your router:

http://support.slingbox.com/get/network-assistant.html

t-readyroc

I have.  I have a separate listing in my Sling directory for connecting to

the Slingbox while on the local network.

gmoney Newbie

I think you should check again...

From a computer on the same network as the Slingbox, go to http://canyouseeme.org and check the port for which you configured your Slingbox.

I think you're going to see an error on that port.

t-readyroc

Well then how would both my desktop & my phone be able to connect to it?

This is really odd, though.  I don't even see my Slingbox's MAC address

listed in my router's DHCP clients table.  & you were right about

canyouseeme not being able to pick it up....

Yet here I sit at my desktop, watching the feed from the Slingbox... 

I'll have to check into this more tomorrow.

t-readyroc

Whelp, just checked again & was able to reset the port forwarding.  canyouseeme now works.... but the tablet still doesn't.  Desktop still works, too.

gmoney Newbie

Desktop computer LAN connections are made via a TCP connection after an active discovery of what's on the LAN.  The Desktop software actively looks for a Slingbox, Slingbox devices on the LAN respond with their IP address and Port, and then the Desktop software uses that information to connect.

The Andoid (and Mobile Players) check to see of the Slingbox and it's own Public IP address are the same to determine if they are on the same LAN.

If your Android has any cell connection, I would also consider temporarily turning it off and trying to connect.

I would not use that manual entry that you created in Sling Accounts to try and connect to your Slingbox in the Android player.

I would also update to the latest version of the Android player, since a lot of issues have been fixed with it.

If the Slingbox entry, with just the Slingbox ID (or one automatically created via the Desktop player), does not work, you should check for a router firmware update.

If things are still not working, I'd be suspicious of my router, but I always am...  Could be a LAN DNS issue, but that's hard to prove and would probably also affect the Desktop at somepoint...

Not much else I can suggest beyond this...

jwilson03 Newbie

I have a Nexus 10 tablet and had to pay Google Play store ro download Sling Player successfully. But e erytime I try to access Slingbox I ger "you need to get Sling Player" to open Slingbox. I'm stumped. Help

thailend19@yahoo.com